Favourite gaming scenes/cut scenes

Camz

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I love the ending to the first halo, nothing special but its to date my favourite game ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIaR37MzmvY

I also have favourites from the Warcraft series but you have to have played them to understand and i doubt any of you are geeky enough for that haha ;)

G

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No link but...

The final level of COD MW2, where you're still controlling it but it feels like a movie. Where Price is fighting the General.

Trying not to let lose any spoilers if people haven't played it! ha.

Phantom

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me,
as I haven't actually played MGS4,
and I'm a big fan of the first one,
but that fight scene looks like a crap and very similar version of the Snake vs Liquid on top of Metal Gear Rex at the end of MGS1.

The fight is split into 4 parts, where Ocelot adapts the different personas of 'Liquid Snake' from MGS, then 'Liquid Ocelot' from MGS2, 'Ocelot' from MGS3, and finally, 'Liquid Ocelot' from MGS4. Each part has the music from the original fight, and Liquid uses the moves from his various incarnations. I suppose it's supposed to evoke a feeling of nostalgia from the previous games, and think it works pretty well in my opinion.

I almost put the contoller through the screen trying to beat this level on The Boss Legendary level.

And yes, I'm fully aware I'm a Metal Gear Solid fan geek and have spent way too much time on it in the past (*ahem when I should have been busy revising for exams!!)

Personally, I just love the very cinematic style of the cutscenes from the Metal Gear Solid series. It's almost half game, half movie. Very good stuff from Hideo Kojima :applaus:

J Dubz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

Peter.G

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Never played the full game although I did spend a lot of time playing the demo :amuse: Was pretty fun, especially as a 8 year old pressing a button that made you let off wind, I'm pretty sure I found that hilarious at the time

I still find it hilarious.

who dares wins

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'd have to back AdmiralAwesomes pick for MGS!
really is an amazing scene

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score

New Threads