Feedback on new site design

Duality

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Same issue RE content display but looks great otherwise.

For anyone struggling with the elongated thread names, if you head to preferences and select 'vB 3.x' under style it should display properly, albeit with a slightly different colour theme.
Tried this and it works a treat. Thank you

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
As the actress said to the bishop!

Are you viewing on a laptop? This is what I see on a thirteen inch laptop screen after some tinkering:

Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 11.42.24.png
Hmmm interesting. Yes I am viewing on a laptop.

Ivyrose31

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, changing to vB3.x sorts out the squashed text - thank you. But is it possible to have the original colour theme with that setting applied? The green and orange is a lot less clearer for me. But then again I’m dreadful with technology and changes -banghead-

Attachments

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
@Chelonian @GreyWing once I zoom out quite a lot I get the image below. Granted on a screenshot it doesn't look to bad but in reality I have to zoom out so far I can hardly read the text on screen.

1595156441158.png

Peppers

Reaction score
Same issue RE content display but looks great otherwise.

For anyone struggling with the elongated thread names, if you head to preferences and select 'vB 3.x' under style it should display properly, albeit with a slightly different colour theme.
That’s better, cheers!

Chelonian

Reaction score
...once I zoom out quite a lot I get the image below.
To replicate the view in your screenshot I too had to zoom out to an unacceptable text size. Unsure what the resolution is on my MacBook but it's not one with an ultra high res Retina screen.

smashlegs

Reaction score
having the same issues as above, I’ve gone onto desktop view on my iphone but theres no changes.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
@Chelonian @GreyWing once I zoom out quite a lot I get the image below. Granted on a screenshot it doesn't look to bad but in reality I have to zoom out so far I can hardly read the text on screen.

1595156441158.png
It's something that I was querying too. Will look towards increasing the font size.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
I'm editing the first post in this thread with the jobs I'm working on. If you come across something and don't see any indication I'm working on it then give me a nudge.

Tetley

Reaction score
Looks good, nice work My GreyWing
Couple of points.
  • The constraint when using your phone can be solved if you look at landscape.
  • The hyperlinks in the top banner are missing,

1595161213967.png

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Looks good, nice work My GreyWing
Couple of points.
  • The constraint when using your phone can be solved if you look at landscape.
  • The hyperlinks in the top banner are missing,

1595161213967.png
Cheers mate, I was going to have a word with @Ninja_Stoker regarding where he wants these links to point to.

We are trying to copy our older design when we used to use a different forum version.

The links we currently have are what the developers copied from that link I gave them. I'm slowly going through it to try and make the site more like the original.

Unfortunately it's a different system to what I'm used to using so it's a bit of a learning curve but slowly getting my head around it.

TheRents

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ooooh Er

I am viewing on a Mac. No pic of the Rm just a smaller dagger device and I have lost 300 of my likes:(

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Ooooh Er

I am viewing on a Mac. No pic of the Rm just a smaller dagger device and I have lost 300 of my likes:(
OK, I think the dagger issue is down to a cache'd version of the image in your computers and mobile devices. I'm not sure on the Mac's but on windows ctrl + f5 should solve this one.

Failing that your device will drop the old picture image and replace it with the new ones in around 7 days.

Regarding the "likes" I'm working on bringing those back. I had to disable every non standard feature from the old version of the forum software as it wouldn't upgrade to the latest version.

For those who don't know, our old software was around 5 years old since its last update. It was starting to fall over, so we had to bite the bullet and upgrade. The upgrade was so significant that only the content and the membership could follow us.