Feedback on new site design

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Still happening
Any luck now mate?

@thirdtry Yours could be fixed too

Looking through your accounts settings, it appears that it wasn't set to "RMC" in the preferences. I'm wondering that in changing that, if it fixes it.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
This is the closest reported incidents to what is happening

Certainly something that is being reported more widely since the 27th of August. We haven't performed any software updates. I'll keep monitoring that thread for a solution.

Looks like a bug in Google Chrome

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This is the closest reported incidents to what is happening

Certainly something that is being reported more widely since the 27th of August. We haven't performed any software updates. I'll keep monitoring that thread for a solution.

Looks like a bug in Google Chrome

This is exactly it! The gif someone has attached shows what is happening this end and I imagine to Wings too.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
It seems Google is working on an update to Chrome for mobile but I'm not sure how long it will take.

If you need another Browser in the meantime, can I suggest trying "Brave.com" it removes all ads and removes all tracking software.

It's basically Chrome, without the tracking nonsense.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I'm still getting hang-ups/screen freeze using Android phone & Chrome browser.

Are others still experiencing this?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Is it something recent or has it been ongoing for a while?
A little while, more than a week for me. It freezes when posting a reply to a conversation or when posting on the boards & won't refresh.

Not sure if Android or Chrome is the issue. Probably Chrome as it does the same on my PC sometimes.

Duality

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Have emojis for posts been switched off? The wee smiley button is greyed out on mine.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A little while, more than a week for me. It freezes when posting a reply to a conversation or when posting on the boards & won't refresh.

Not sure if Android or Chrome is the issue. Probably Chrome as it does the same on my PC sometimes.
I find if I back out using the home button, then return to the page immediately, I can continue typing again. Been happening for some months but I assumed a wider android issue as also happens on other sites on chrome

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Just been doing some reading on it and they say a patch was added to chrome a few weeks ago. For those still struggling, is there anyway you can update your Google Chrome for mobile?