Feeling Depressed or Anxious in relation to bereavement? Read on.

Discussion in 'Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions' started by Ninja_Stoker, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Harsh

Harsh Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    All seems fine. I have never to my recollection had any mental health issues on my record or before. Only thing I have to worry about is my ingrown toe nails both of which have been removed, luckily no further issues so should be in the clear!

2. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

Is your head of faculty a qualified Docter? No?
    Well they can go outside and have a chat with themselves.

It just seems that college isn't sitting with you. I hated school, and I hated college. I just wanted to get stuck in and get cracking with things. But unfortunately education is a must.

Depression is a long term medical condition.
    Sadness is not a medical condition.
    Grief is not a medical condition.
    Frustration is not a medical condition.
    Boredom is not a medical condition.

"Depression" is a term that gets through around like some kind of label or as if it's some cure by saying it. I won't start a rant about the whole mental health issues and how it's dealt with by the NHS or people.

If you find talking to someone helps, then do it. But just because the thought of being stuck in a college all day doesn't excite you, doesn't mean that you are depressed.

• Like Like x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 4
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding like one of those annoying announcements beloved of radio and TV continuity announcers:

If you think that you may have been affected by any of these issues, please read Ninja's post#1 at the top of this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Harsh

Harsh Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I would probably enjoy college a lot more if they had your kind off attitude!

• Seen Seen x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Spot on. There is a fixation in society with putting labels on things and the glue is stickier than most imagine possible.

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
    • Seen Seen x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

I'm just bumping this thread as I've had a few queries on this issue of late and I think it's a timely reminder.

• Like Like x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1