feels gr8 to run at night

Reaction score
hey all just wanted to know does anyone run better at night ???

Ive tried running in the morning and afternoon but nothing compares to running at night around 9ish, i currently run 3 miles 4 times a week and too be honest i struggle after 2.5 miles as im sure alot of peeps do but at night oh my god it felt so much better i could've run for many miles more.

so anyone on here who has trouble running at the crack of dawn try running at night and please let me know how it went down

cheers

bill

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You probably find it easier because you cant see how far you have to go at night, so your mind doesn't freak out thinking it's ageeeessss

Reaction score
*text deleted* yea probebly *text deleted*

*text deleted* ive been reading your posts gratz *text deleted* youve come along way already

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers mate, doesn't feel like much of an achievement considering the time i've had :(

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
My fastest mile was when I ran at 2am in fog. Man I couldn't see a thing and yeah it's so easy because of that exact reason, you can think about your objective the whole run but you'll never bloody see it *text deleted*.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I always run at night.
Started off because the chav's can't see me *text deleted*, but I find it a lot better now.

Cooler and you cannot see how far is left.

Riggs

Reaction score
I think its easier 'mentally' to run when you can't see your finishing point anyway. If you're thinking about the finish point in your run, then your mind is telling your body that you're already there.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Im different, I find it much easier when I can see my finish point, can push myself to it.

Creed

Reaction score
I agree at night running seems easy and good fun

You seem to be more relaxed and free
everything is all calm and quiet

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
see now im opposite, i love morning runs, wakes me up for the rest of the day and i love it when its frosty or foggy the most. bit strange but im more of the morning person than night because im always really tierd at the end of the day and get really annoyed at any little thing

Reaction score
also at night u will have more energy *text deleted* of the whole days worth of grub. its *text deleted* be good for your body to run just b4 sleep what do you guyz think???

spiderman

Reaction score
I agree I hate running in the daytime when its light, quite self concious mind. Running at night is great but i still get the urge to stop when I see someone.

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Same problem spiderman, check my posts alot of good advice under one of em.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Not to mention the air is cleaner, less polluted thus making it easier to breath and half the secret to running is breathing.

Nod 88

Reaction score
Get yourself down a local park where there are more runners pick one that looks like they are half descent and if their run exceeds yours just keep going and try to beat them. compertion like that makes running more intresting for me even if they dont know they have been beat.