Ferdinand as Captain

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Worse decision since naming McClaren as manager if you ask me

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well maybe i'm a little biased being a man utd fan but personally i think he's been a great captain for utd this season. Yeah he can be a bit goofy, but he's always yelling out commands around the team always aware of whats going on on the pitch. Plus he doesn't get in a big strop at the referee if a decision doesn't go his way *cough* john terry *cough*

It's only temporary anyway. Capello is rotating the arm band around in these friendly games, he isn't naming a permanent captain until the world cup so no reason why he doesn't deserve a chance at it.

ringo

Reaction score
i dont think its too bad a decision. as capello said he wanted to rotate captaincy up to the qualifiers.
I think Ferdinand can do a good job. Hes the right position.. plenty of experience and if u see him for united he does put himself about. Only downfall i suppose is that he hasnt ever had a long stint as an actual captain.... we'll see though

ringo

Reaction score
ah my mistake... not a united fan so wasnt sure who was captain.. thought it was neville but obviously hes out injured. so maybe ferdinand has got sum expereince as captain *text deleted*

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Section Commanders

Guys: Swapping the responsibility around to see who shines through with natural leadership ability is a good idea. You'll find that the training teams at CTC will do a similar thing when they look to appoint section commanders during basic training. Those that show the best level of leadership potential will eventually be appointed.

Regards

Steve

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ah cool, didn't know it was a temporary thing...whoops. Not so bad then. Providing Stevie G gets his turn as well then!

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ah cool, didn't know it was a temporary thing...whoops. Not so bad then. Providing Stevie G gets his turn as well then!

His turn was the last match mate. I'm not sure who it will be next match. Perhaps Michael Owen if he plays, or Gareth Barry.