Few q's am not sure if I've answered right

Gazza_7

Reaction score
Going to put them here and my answers and would appreciate if someone would correct me if I am wrong :albert: ..

6. Who was Hanna Snell?
An Englishwoman who took a man's role to become a soldier. She did this to look for her lost husband who she did not know was in fact dead

11. What does The Fleet Protection Group do? Guards the UK's naval nuclear weapons

15. Where in the world are the Royal Marines currently serving? Iraq, Afghanistan, US, assault ships worldwide

16. What is the name of the personal weapon currently used by the Royal Marines? L85A2 IW

18. If on completion of training, you are given a trade or branch you do not want, what is the minimum compulsory time you have to serve in that branch. 1.5 yrs

20. What are the names of the Royal Navy’s Assault Ships? HMS Ocean, HMS Albion & HMS Bulwark

21. What is their role in regards to the Royal Marines? Ocean - holds up to 830 Marines, Albion - 305 troops 67 x support vehicles (COULDN'T FIND THE ROLE OF HMS BULWARK)

22. What are the roles of HMS OCEAN? Afloat base for anti-terrorist ops

29. Which Commando Unit has recently returned from Afghanistan? 40 Commando

30. Which is the next Commando unit to go to Afghanistan? 45 Commando

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
to the best of my knowledge all 3 cdos and 1 rifles are going on deployment in sept/oct and *text deleted* are either on leave, training or in UK. i dont think any of 3cdo are in iraq *text deleted*.
http://www.royalmarines.mod.uk/server/show/nav.6614
talking of which am in the only one that's noticed that taunton (40 cdo) is 20-30 miles from the sea??

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Going to put them here and my answers and would appreciate if someone would correct me if I am wrong :albert: ..

6. Who was Hanna Snell?
An Englishwoman who took a man's role to become a soldier. She did this to look for her lost husband who she did not know was in fact dead

11. What does The Fleet Protection Group do? Guards the UK's naval nuclear weapons

15. Where in the world are the Royal Marines currently serving? Iraq, Afghanistan, US, assault ships worldwide

16. What is the name of the personal weapon currently used by the Royal Marines? L85A2 IW

30. Which is the next Commando unit to go to Afghanistan? 45 Commando

You've got lots wrong mate.

6. You're nearly right, but I think the main significance of this story and why they want you to know, is because she deserted the Army and joined the Marines. She was then Medically discharged when she was shot in the leg.
They still didn't know she was a man until she admitted it. She then went on to make money by traveling round telling her story.

11. They also stop drug smugglers, pirates etc. And do a lot of boarding other ships to search for contraban, immigrants etc.

15. This has been wrongly answered so many times on this forum, its unreal. There are NO MARINES in Iraq, or Afghanistan or US. There is a commando unit I think in Afghanistan, its an Army Artillery Commando Unit.

16. Don't even know where you got that from!! Its the SA80 A2

30. It's 42 and it's in April. My next door neighbour is in 42 and he is going. I believe it's on Herrick 8.

Any more questions!?

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
to the best of my knowledge all 3 cdos and 1 rifles are going on deployment in sept/oct and *text deleted* are either on leave, training or in UK. i dont think any of 3cdo are in iraq *text deleted*.
http://www.royalmarines.mod.uk/server/show/nav.6614
talking of which am in the only one that's noticed that taunton (40 cdo) is 20-30 miles from the sea??

Yes it is, but it's a pretty crap stretch of coast. North Devon is so so much better. I live 30 mins from Taunton and some of the women there look like sea creatures!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
16. Don't even know where you got that from!! Its the SA80 A2
The SA80 family consists of the L85A1 IW (Individual Weapon) and the L86A1 LSW (Light Support Weapon).
SA80 is the military designation Enfield lock named it the L85 A1/2 IW or LSW. both answers would pass i think but it's good to know why there's a difference

some of the women there look like sea creatures!
is that a good or bad thing? *text deleted* ariel was hot....

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
SA80 A2 L85 IW

If you want to be completely accurate lawl

Marine equip site only calls it the sa80 though so...
Was always under the impression that was manufacturers name and forces classification called it the l85a1...?
Ima just state both, bollocks to it.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
a1 was before h&k got at it, a2 is version in use now.

Gazza_7

Reaction score
Cheers lads can see I've got a bit of studying to do ! :worried:

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
is that a good or bad thing? *text deleted* ariel was hot....

I actually grabbed some beer and sat down to watch a video of little mermaid that we have lying around, that has nothing to do with me, and I can prove that in a court of law.

Anyway it was about 4 months ago, and it is sh1t compared to how I remember it! I got soooo bored and turned it off and I was mightily p1ssed off with the quality of the video.

See that is what blue ray does to people, it has ruined my childhood, and my memories of little mermaid have now been soiled by modern day technology.