Few questions about joining

Roadhog1678

Reaction score
Hi, I'm after a bit of input about my chances of joining the Royal Marines.

I'm 28, going to be 29 in January, I'm currently working as a manager in a security company, but to be honest I'm bored and need a challenge and to an extent prove something to myself. I have been working out of the UK in Bahrain for over 1 year now and will probably be stuck here until early 2009. Prior to that I have worked out of the UK on several occasions in the last 8 years, mostly in security roles in Africa and the Middle East.
In late 2007 while I was out of the country I had a CCJ issued against me, I had gotten into money troubles- breakup of a business relationship, with my business partner doing the off with the profits- I am trying to get this sorted out at the moment.
I was medically discharged from the Army in early 2000 for an injury picked up in recruit training.

The questions I have are these;

1) Does me not being in the UK solidly for the last 8 years present a bar to me joining?
2) Does the fact that I have worked in private security jobs in the Middle East, including for a PMC, create a problem?
3) Does a CCJ disqualify me from joining?
4) Because I was medically discharged- I was told I could re-enlist, but found alternative employment overseas- could I join the Royal Marines?

I've reached the stage where I've re-examined my life and my priorities and feel I need to return to serve my country. I spent several years working in my own interests and have realised this is not what I want to do anymore. I want to be a Royal Marine because they are the best fighting troops in the world and I want to be the best.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Al

New Threads