Fight at CTCRM?

MattTog

Reaction score
It's a strange one but with how stressful RT can be and obviously everyone can't like everyone, it's just not how the world works. I was wondering if there has ever been a fight at CTCRM during training?
Not a little argument, I mean an actual fist fight. Surely you'd be in a ridiculous amount of trouble for it?

joeyjonser

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah of course. The troop upstairs used to come back from being ashore on a Saturday night absolutely steaming. there's no training team around usually at night so they would give each other a few slaps. I don't recall them ever getting in trouble for it but I could be wrong!

CMT

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't marks from commando school on warning for a fight on the first day or something along those lines?

LRL

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't marks from commando school on warning for a fight on the first day or something along those lines?

Yeah. Did that lad who always smiled become a RMC?

joeyjonser

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
His name was Bond I think and yeah he passed out.

Xerath

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah of course. The troop upstairs used to come back from being ashore on a Saturday night absolutely steaming. there's no training team around usually at night so they would give each other a few slaps. I don't recall them ever getting in trouble for it but I could be wrong!

Were there many scraps in Exeter during nights out? I heard some lads actively seek out Recruits and try to start fights

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I dunno, it's too close to call. The Corps Colonel has ginger hair & there's a guy senior to him with a Scouse accent who is SF....;)

LRL

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Scouse are SF, imagine how hard you must look and sound. o_O

Just like that Scouse RMC with the mega deep voice who says "boats and landing crafts" on a RMC video

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
Junebug , i got grief for being ex RAF..all verbal , with the odd press up thrown in..!! But i got one minor prof.

When we lined up for our first PT session the very nice PTI asked the troop some questions..eventually he asked is anyone form Suffolk , around 3 guys proved (hand up)...then he asked if any of us were from Felixstowe..so my hand stayed up (the only one left) -banghead-..so he asked me where in Felixstowe , so i gave him my street name , he than asked my name so i gave him my last name..!!..the next question do you have a sister called h*text deleted**text deleted* to which the answer is yes..to which he replied i,ve s*text deleted*ged her...-vomit-...and as he was a good egg he gave me no press ups in the gym when ever he took our troop...but a got severe grief for it of the troop...I THANKED MY SISTER..:)

JuneBug

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Junebug , i got grief for being ex RAF..all verbal , with the odd press up thrown in..!! But i got one minor prof.

When we lined up for our first PT session the very nice PTI asked the troop some questions..eventually he asked is anyone form Suffolk , around 3 guys proved (hand up)...then he asked if any of us were from Felixstowe..so my hand stayed up (the only one left) -banghead-..so he asked me where in Felixstowe , so i gave him my street name , he than asked my name so i gave him my last name..!!..the next question do you have a sister called h*text deleted**text deleted* to which the answer is yes..to which he replied i,ve s*text deleted*ged her...-vomit-...and as he was a good egg he gave me no press ups in the gym when ever he took our troop...but a got severe grief for it of the troop...I THANKED MY SISTER..:)

Best thing I've read all day hahaha. Class!

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
I'm expecting a verbal and physical battering by the training team for being ex RAF Reg.
That's a given. Just think of the "Five miler of Death" clip!

Alan

New Threads