Finally A letter!

Hosking

Reaction score
Just received a Letter from my Brtoher from Afghanistan and i thought You would all know what he's been up to and what he wrote, So here goes!

Hi residents
Quick one for dad were you pissed when you wrote the last letter because it looked like this (scribbles) and I couldn't read it.
Anyway been stuck on camp now for almost two weeks and I feel like a REMF (rear echelon Mother f*text deleted*cker) we were supposed to go out today but it got cancelled (threaders) so next op is in planning but we managed to find a compound the yanks use for training but it was fenced off, Being royal however didn't stop us from climbing over. the temp is still beginning to drop (icers).saw mats pic in the paper the other day nice of them to state he worked at tesco but didn't state the other peoples jobs speaking of mat, heard anew bone thing he said the other day he was filling in a bank check and it said card holders name so he put HSBC (solid) its *text deleted* be wierd coming back because nothing has really changed for kernow but I know I have changed already.im defantly more appreciative of things but that doesnt mean I will do any washing up when I get back.
Can't wait to have a beer now either make sure there are a couple at brize when I get back there. RNR *text deleted**text deleted* *text deleted* dates edited GW *text deleted** *text deleted**

Cheers alex xxx

manonfire

Reaction score
Ideal mate nice one. I know how you feel mate my family was the same waiting for my brother to send letters last year when he was in Afghanistan.

Hosking

Reaction score
Ideal mate nice one. I know how you feel mate my family was the same waiting for my brother to send letters last year when he was in Afghanistan.

sweet, it's not very often we get written letters from him, normally sends messeges on facebook but every now and again it's nice to get a written letter.

Jaycee

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It is great you and your parents received a letter from your brother, especially given the events earlier in the week.

However, can I remind everyone that to ensure their safety, when talking about deployed friends and family OPSEC should be practiced at all times, which means not disclosing individual or troop movements/dates etc, especially on open forums.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Whenever I was away, the most important thing was sending a letter home & likewise the highlight of the week was when you got a letter from home, especially from a loved one.

Things have changed now with the advent of email & regular satellite phonecalls and the distance seems less far, but rest assured the personal touch of a handwritten letter far outweighs electronic gadgetry.

As always, Jaycee is spot on with regard opsec & persec, be careful on that one guys.