Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Finally

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by westy, Apr 3, 2019.

1. westy

westy Well-Known Member

15 years after walking out the gate of HMS Raleigh, 15 years of regret, sadness and self loathing, 7 years after being right in the brink of rock bottom and after hundreds of letters, PMs to @Ninja_Stoker, a few very helpful phone calls from @CHUB!, today I finally cleared all hurdles to re join the Royal Navy!! With a potential joining date of 9th June!!

You’ll have no idea how happy I am, I finally feel like the world has lifted off my shoulders and I can finally breath again!!

To anyone who’s thinking of wrapping, anyone who’s struggling at any of the militaries training establishments, just remember the grass isn’t always greener, it’s not always easy to get back in and crying every day in regret is worse!!

I’d like to thank everyone on here, for help and advice, the dit’s that have been spun and the support shown to me when I was at rock bottom!!

Also, a massive thank you to @CHUB!, you have no idea what you’ve done for me, how you’ve changed my life for the better!! I promise I’ll smash it this time!! You’ll also need to be at my pass out parade, if anything, you’ll have the opportunity to see me sobbing like a baby!!

Thanks one and all, from the bottom of my heart

• Like Like x 17
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. ex killick

ex killick Ex-Matelot

Well done shippers!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Appreciate the kind words & how very much it means to make a public statement such as this.

As ever, we're often ultimately the architect of our own futures and only the individual themselves stand between their own achievements and their goals and successes.

Granted, it often helps when the Patron Saint of the Last Chance Saloon lends a hand. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1