Finnish before the times up

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Okay so they tell you to aim to do 60 push ups in 2 minutes, I always do 40 before bed and tonight I timed myself and I did all 40, prefect form and fully extended to lock arms and right back down a few cms off the floor, all in 40 seconds..

So what if I (if I'm not totally exhausted) do 60 before the 2 minutes is up on PRMC?

greenlid

Reaction score
I think you just keep going until you're told to stop, but not to sure.

chew1e

Reaction score
they encourage you to do as many as you can i beleive. Stopping at 60 with a minute to go probs wouldn't show them your determination, which is the thing i would have thought they want to see.

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you do can do two minutes of pressups!

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yer if you can do that many in that short time....... slow them down! When i did my PRMC they just made us keep going until the 2 mins were up or we physically dropped. I didnt time my sit ups right and ended up doin nearer 100. Im not saying dont try, but remember its not just press ups u will be doing!!

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i think i remembered hearing that some PTI's get funny if you go over the 60 mark, so i recon just train to do as many as you can do in two minutes and when you get down there ask them whether you have to stop at 60 or if you can carry on

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you max out on the 3 miler, 14.5 on the bleep test, 60 press-ups, 80 sit ups (within the two minutes) & 6 pull-ups, just ask the Corporal if it's OK if you have a tab whilst you wait for the rest to finish, I'm sure he won't mind.

As my Granny always used to say, before each armed bank raid: "You don't get if you don't ask".

In truth: You will be encouraged to continue for the full two minutes.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Lads i think your underestimating how hard it is going to be.

By the time you get to your pressups your body is f*cked, some of the lads who were built like brick *text deleted**text deleted* houses at our PRMC could barely crack out 60. So finishing before your time is up will be pretty rare.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Lads i think your underestimating how hard it is going to be.

By the time you get to your pressups your body is f*cked, some of the lads who were built like brick *text deleted**text deleted* houses at our PRMC could barely crack out 60. So finishing before your time is up will be pretty rare.
we aren't under estimating them, its just that its obvious people have reached 60 and above on the prmc and i expect we are simply asking due to the possibility of it happening, because at the end of the day it isn't impossible

Rikko

Reaction score
Like Stacka said fella's dont underestimate the course you are constantly being assessed in everything even attitude wise. One lad on our PRMC banged out 80 situps in less than the 2 mins and he just got up and walked back to the line. Boy i was glad i wasnt him he got a absolute *text deleted*ing off the PTI and he actually failed the PRMC now am not saying thats why he failed but its all about putting 110% effort in all the time.

Rikko

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Always enjoy reading threads like these, Good eye opener

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
its not underestimating the prmc requirments its just querying them, i wish people could tell the difference.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
its not underestimating the prmc requirments its just querying them, i wish people could tell the difference.
*text deleted* what you mean,

plus its hard to express stuff in writing.

Rikko

Reaction score
I can tell the difference mate but aslong as you go there with the right frame of mind and give max effort in everything you'll be fine just people seem to forget that there being assessed all the time when thier there its hard to explain without experiencing it. We had some dead heads on our PRMC and *text deleted* they *text deleted* up you all get punished your only as strong as your weakest man and dont forget to shave everyday as some lads on ours didnt which was unwanted phys by the rest of us. Sorry going off on one there abit but people should know what to expect when they get this far and not take the p*text deleted*s.

Rikko