Firefox problems

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, need some help if anyone's any good with Firefox.
Been fine up to now, but yesterday for some reason it all went haywire. When posting in these forums I can no longer click the smilies. If I click on [More] at the bottom all it does it scrolls my screen back to the top of the page. If I press Ctrl+B whilst typing in here, where before it would enter bold tabs it now opens the bookmark list on the left. I can't click on the bold tabs myself (or any of the others, such as quote, insert image, etc). If I scroll over them they don't even highlight. Clicking on them does absolutely nothing. Other websites, such as Yahoo Mail and BBC News are all distorted. I would post a screenshot but I can't because the insert image tab doesn't work. But it looks like all graphics and structure has gone from the webpages. As in, normally on the BBC News site, it has their red header and graphic along the top with tabs for News, Sport, Weather, etc listed in a row just underneath. Now I have a white page and those are listed in a column.
Does anyone have any idea what's up with it? I'm completely clueless.

Cheers,
Ross

Wilke

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, need some help if anyone's any good with Firefox.
Been fine up to now, but yesterday for some reason it all went haywire. When posting in these forums I can no longer click the smilies. If I click on [More] at the bottom all it does it scrolls my screen back to the top of the page. If I press Ctrl+B whilst typing in here, where before it would enter bold tabs it now opens the bookmark list on the left. I can't click on the bold tabs myself (or any of the others, such as quote, insert image, etc). If I scroll over them they don't even highlight. Clicking on them does absolutely nothing. Other websites, such as Yahoo Mail and BBC News are all distorted. I would post a screenshot but I can't because the insert image tab doesn't work. But it looks like all graphics and structure has gone from the webpages. As in, normally on the BBC News site, it has their red header and graphic along the top with tabs for News, Sport, Weather, etc listed in a row just underneath. Now I have a white page and those are listed in a column.
Does anyone have any idea what's up with it? I'm completely clueless.

Cheers,
Ross
Hey mate,

I couldn't get into contact with the more tech savy friends of mine but I found this - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_Issues

Compilation of firefox problems. Maybe yours is there?

DD

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Why not download Google Crome?