Firemans Carry

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Saw on youtube some training where they have to carry another marine Fireman style 200m, now was just thinking would they make you carry a 14 stone guy if you are about 10 stone, or would it be evened out.
If someone was carrying myself it would be easy, as im small, but if i had to carry a 6'3" guy weighing 3-4 stone over my weight thats going to be bloody hard. But then i've never actually tried it so i dont know how much i could carry.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Dont think it matters mate, because look at it like this:

Coporal whos training you could be fighting along side you soon, and if he thinks well if he can only carry a 10 stone man and im 14 stone and i get injured, what am i going to do. i dont think it matters mate although i could be wrong.

PB706k

Reaction score
Nah they do try to match you to someone of a similar height, but you never get an exact match. Besides it doesnt matter its still absolutely nails! :wacko:

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
what is that hard part? i would have thought that getting the person up there in the first place is the head part! once you got them up there, lock your legs and run like *text deleted**text deleted*. *text deleted*!

PB706k

Reaction score
nah picking them up is remarkably easy. but remember its the last thing you do on bottom feild passout and you'll be hanging out already..

Srew

Reaction score
It's one of the things I'm most worried about as I'm quite lanky. It would be abit crap if I had to carry someone who's 16 stone.

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I did recently carry some girls around recently..dunno why, all drunk, that wasnt easy, but this was just piggy back, one i carried about a mile, the other about 20 metres *text deleted*. I carried one of my friends when i used to weigh about 9 stone and hes 6'3" but hes really skinny.
Trying to strengthen up my legs at the moment, i should drag one of my friends down to the nearest common who weighs a couple stone more than me and see how i deal with that. Not quite the same as carrying a girl around piggyback who has some nice legs and a hot ass *text deleted*, if i carried my freinds piggyback id just have some hairy pegs and a package digging in my back :wacko:

noveldex

Reaction score
I did recently carry some girls around recently..dunno why, all drunk, that wasnt easy, but this was just piggy back, one i carried about a mile, the other about 20 metres *text deleted*. I carried one of my friends when i used to weigh about 9 stone and hes 6'3" but hes really skinny.
Trying to strengthen up my legs at the moment, i should drag one of my friends down to the nearest common who weighs a couple stone more than me and see how i deal with that. Not quite the same as carrying a girl around piggyback who has some nice legs and a hot ass *text deleted*, if i carried my freinds piggyback id just have some hairy pegs and a package digging in my back :wacko:

*text deleted* get used to it mate there is *text deleted* be a package in your back whether u like it or not they wont make compensation because u would rather lug a woman around!

Smith.m

Reaction score
what is the proper technique for picking somebody up into the firemans carry?
last time i tried it ( few months back ) i ended up not being able to pick them up to begin with

tripper

Reaction score
well im not sure if its a 'proper technique' but i jus tend to do a type of rugby tackle, putting my shoulder into there lower abdomen, wrapping my hands around them and pushing forwards. i think sometimes people try and actually LIFT the person onto there shoulder nd i duno bout them but that hurts wen i try it. i find walking forwards and pushing forwards nd up helps.

i have no idea if thats *text deleted* make sense at all, or if its right, its just how i do them nd i dont have any trouble?

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* get used to it mate there is *text deleted* be a package in your back whether u like it or not they wont make compensation because u would rather lug a woman around!

*text deleted* yeh id rather carry a woman around, but id still carry a guy around if needed