First 1.5 miler...

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you can remember what your first 1.5 mile time was? I went out for my first timed 1.5 miler this morning, I had only run 1 mile and 2 miles before this.

My time was 10:05 for exactly 1.5 milers. I'm not sure whether to be impressed with this or not? It's a pass as far as PRMC and LJFT are concerned (I know about some AFCOs wanting sub 9:30) but it is still pretty high?

So is 10:05 good for my first 1.5 miler?

Ross.

Gidion

Reaction score
Id be pleased with that mate. Its only going to improve (if you put the hours in), and on PJFT day, many people find running on a treadmill easier and their times improve. Also you'll be wired on adrenaline! When i was training for the army (not very hard at all) my time was 10.30, but on selection weekend got it down to 9.47.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I remember well, my tounge was stuck to the roof of my mouth and I was shaking my head up and down to unstick it, I was so dehydrated. My time was 11.46

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
my first time was about 10.10 but i have not benn able to do it in that time again i seen to *text deleted* worse the more i train *text deleted* the to times after that were about 10.25 then about 10.35 anyone no y they seem to be *text deleted* worse.

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My first time was around 11 minutes, on road. It seemed to drop the second time to around 11.30, since then I have suffered shin splints so only done the road run once a week, untimed.

vince

Reaction score
hay chelsea mate, I had the same problem ..I had to increase the amount of running i was doing and do alot of sprint running. The reason being is that i was always a good runner so didnt focus on that as much as i should have. Instead i spent most the week in the gym building my upper body strength, but this added weight and adversly effected my running. Basicly all you need to do is rethink your training program and also make sure you have days of nothing but running to allow you body to adjust to the changes it goes through when you train hard. Also try and get some treadmill running in , road running is good but you will need to run on a treadmill for your PJFT and its a totaly different ball game mate. Good luck fella, have a good one mate

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
14.30 was my first ever. now i dont get any slower than 10:30

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers 4 the advice vince i think i will have 2 have a rethink about my training program *text deleted* i've been lookin at some peoples trainin programmes an mine is nothin compared to there's. u sed u had to run further, how much further did u run to get *text deleted* best time back? an how many days would be good to train each week *text deleted* at the min i train 3days a week but most of the runnin i do is football so i could really do with a bit of help *text deleted* a good program together to prepair me *text deleted* PJFT, PRMC etc... so any help would be appreciated.

roguesniper

Reaction score
first time i did it was in about 11 mins, but running consistanly under 10 mins now. just keep at it and results will start to show

vince

Reaction score
i do a 3 mile run 2 times a week and a 6 mile on fridays. with the friday run i tend to jog for 2 mins then sprint for a 1 min, and just repeat until i finish. Every other week i spend sunday on a hill not far from my house, it has about a 35 degree incline and is about 200-250m from top to bottom. I run up as fast as possible and jog back down to recover , then run back up again and jog back down. I repeat this 10 times. Other then that i just go to the gym 5 times a week for a couple of hours and swim 3 times a week. Dont just jump into it though mate , i boxed for a few years so my recovery rate is good n the last thing you want to do is *text deleted**text deleted* yourself up

chew1e

Reaction score
10.25 was my first recorded time. haven't actually done one in a while on the road but my best since then was 9.42. I found it really helps to run with a fit friend as you push each other on, although they probs wont be so keen to repeat to agony any time soon as they don't have the same drive to improve they're time. :eek:

CrapHat

Reaction score
At first I just used go out and about not knowing how far i've gone in miles or whatever :doh: but eventually I got myself a pedometer and marked out 1.5 miles. I done a 1.5 mile warm up then best effort and got a time of 9.48 which was pleasantly suprising :cheesy: I haven't recorded a recent time yet though :weird:.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
First recorded time was 9 minutes, aint recorded since and had a hamstring injury.. so I'm sure it's gone up haha

Plus, crappy places to run now I'm back at parents.. street with side roads that are always used :frown: Rather not get run over just yet bounding across a road haha

Gidion

Reaction score
I ran from my house, to the gym the other week (1.26 miles) and did it in 7.32. *text deleted* never been that fast before and it really boosted my confidence about running. I then did an hours hard circuit session and did the run back in 9 mins. Not timed myself properly since then...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fine 30 miler Recruit Training (RT) Chat 51
S 9 miler origin help Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site 17
Lurch 30 Miler Recruit Training (RT) Chat 37