First day in your unit?

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I joined my troop with 1 other. Sometimes there are a few, sometimes just one lad. All varies

Thank you Rob20. When I search on here for recently passed marines a lot say they are going to the CLR? Is this seen as a bad posting and if so why?

B11

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Also I take it that it is common that you arrive with a group of your intake? I take it’s rare you are the only new guy in a troop?
Joined with 1 other to the troop, think about 6-7 joined the company

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
With the first day thing. How long on average are you the new kid. I mean with CTC filled to the gills I’m sure there are pass outs what, every few weeks? Surely new marines arrive every couple of weeks?
Even when the new guys rock up, your still the duty sprog and should still be eager to volunteer and learn.

Nothing worse than watching lads who have barely been in 10 minutes try and detail off the fresh new lads with sprog details and acting like an old Sweat.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
@AsdaOwn I've just spent 20 minutes moving 90 posts out of this thread because they were on a different subject. Within 20 minutes of me doing that, you are asking questions not related to this post.

I'll separate them again because trained ranks have been kind enough to reply, but next time your posts will be deleted. Different subject, create a new thread.

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@AsdaOwn I've just spent 20 minutes moving 90 posts out of this thread because they were on a different subject. Within 20 minutes of me doing that, you are asking questions not related to this post.

I'll separate them again because trained ranks have been kind enough to reply, but next time your posts will be deleted. Different subject, create a new thread.
Sorry my bad

G_commando

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Thank you Rob20. When I search on here for recently passed marines a lot say they are going to the CLR? Is this seen as a bad posting and if so why?
It used to be. It's not the fact the posting is rubbish as it's only a few min drive from some of the best surfing beaches in the country it's the fact you go there to be a driver. A medical squdron driver used to spend most the week putting up tents as makeshift hospitals and lfss squdron just moved other people's kit around but that's not the case as much now. In lfss over half the people there have extentions to stay at the unit longer.