First Ever 3MILER

Waggz

Reaction score
i was talkin to a few guys training for the RM which i know all of you are *text deleted* and i did 3 miles in 27min just woundering is that anygood is anywere near the pass mark and also any ways on improving it?

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
i was talkin to a few guys training for the RM which i know all of you are *text deleted* and i did 3 miles in 27min just woundering is that anygood is anywere near the pass mark and also any ways on improving it?
*text deleted* been doing hill sprints do improve mine.

Also on the treadmill in th local gym *text deleted* been doing the 24 min, fell run set on difficulty 10. as my CV after weights.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Really mate you need to be a lot lot closer to 20 mins. On your PJFT you have to run 1.5 in under 10 and they are looking for closer to 9 than 10. Therefore your 3 miler shouldnt be much over double that, ie, 20 mins

With regards to improving it, do lots of small sprints at absolute maximum effort with small breaks in between, and chuck in a few runs over 3 miles, 5 - 6. If your body is used to running more than 3 miles, you will find 3 miles a lot more comfortable, then if you work on your sprints at maximum effort you will increase your lung capacity and recovery time so be able to put more effort into your longer runs with out so much suffering!

M

MTW

well the pass mark for prmc is around 22.5 minuits for 3 miles, so its not quite on the money yet, but just keep on banging out the 3 milers and fartlek running etc etc. id say you would want to get more like 21, 20 mins is a bit much that means youd have to get an 8 min 1.5 mile time, as long as your around 9.30 for the way back you wont stand out.

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i did 3 miles in 27min just woundering is that anygood is anywere near the pass mark and also any ways on improving it?
No, that's *text deleted* to be honest. I can do over 4 miles in that time.
When you've been running for about 4 weeks incorporate some hill sprints and fartlek training as Stacka suggested. Don't introduce these too soon, you will only injure yourself.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
you can say *text deleted* on here, but if you type p a k i s t a n without any gaps it censors it! Its just a country for gods sake!

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
ever been to *text deleted**text deleted*stan?

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
no, ever been to *text deleted*?

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is *text deleted* in *text deleted*istan?

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
try joining a running club, running as a group is always better for improvement.

chrystal19

Reaction score
no, ever been to *text deleted*?
haha that's class.

As for your 3 mile time, I would introduce HIIT into your programme. I do 9 sets of 1 minute sprinting, 1 minute resting on a stat. bike.

HIIT improves your vo2/m max, which basically means you can take in more oxygen per minute, which will be converted to energy.

Waggz

Reaction score
i think for the longest ive ever ran i dont think ive dont to badly for my first go to be honest i know it needs alot of work but saying its *text deleted* is a bit harsh *text deleted* running it really my strong point press ups and sit ups are

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*, don't take my *text deleted* comment to heart. :smile:

If that's a first attempt I think you'll quickly see that time improve. give it two weeks you'll probably have dropped to around 25 minutes.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I've been. Karachi. Crazy place, guns and poverty everywhere.
I was working in the states for a bit this year.....you can buy a gun in the supermarket with your baked beans (except they arent big with baked beans over there)

S

Sotiris

I always wondered about this. Is it actually true you need no licensing at all for a firearm in the US? Surely you do becuase you read, see, hear about peope getting done for illegal weapons in the States.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I always wondered about this. Is it actually true you need no licensing at all for a firearm in the US? Surely you do becuase you read, see, hear about peope getting done for illegal weapons in the States.
Erm im not entirely sure i just worked there.

I think there is a difference between a normal licence which you can pick up at your local gun shop (which are everywhere) and a "concealed licence"

But again im not totally sure.....its a *text deleted**text deleted*ed up counry any how,

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ye you need various forms of licenses, but most of it depends on the state you live in.

Some states only require a firearm license which covers all your stuff, others require multiple for diff weapon types etc.

Also rifles are easier to get than pistols, pistols usually come with long winding security checks etc. Especially in states with CCW's.