Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

First Female Passes P Coy

Discussion in 'Military News and Clips' started by Caversham, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Good effort that lady. Well done.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Rover

Rover Moderator

• Hoofin Hoofin x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

An impressive woman. She was also awarded the Sword of Honour at Sandhurst when she graduated.

Alan

• Like Like x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  5. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

Fantastic effort. An impressive officer for sure.

She is also a competitive triathlete.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

A cracking effort. Particularly as she will be a 7 PARA RHA rank rather than someone only on a badge collecting jag.

Unsure about the ginger hipster beard on the P-Coy staff. -banghead-

_110952861_mod.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I do like the large font name badges for the hard of hearing. :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Unsure about references by some media to a "21-week All Arms PPS" course.
    The beat-up might be 21-days immediately before Test Week though. @dodgyknees might know the score.

Captain Wild won her milling bout according to the Parachute Regiment FB page. Nice one.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Collieryboy

Collieryboy Well-Known Member

Hearing from people who know that she's a monster and top 1/3 of the course. Have to feel for the lad she dropped in the milling though, I'm sure he won't be allowed to forget it.

10. Grey man

Grey man Royal Marines Commando

P-Coy will remain one of the most exceptionally difficult courses to pass. The events do not care what your gender is, they will take equal pleasure in inflicting suffering and misery on you. The reality is this officer is supremely fit and hugely capable – gender is irrelevant. Fantastic news and incredibly inspiring.
    Little recruitment plug- this year for the first time in over 350 years, females can now earn the coveted Green Beret as a fully-fledged Royal Marines Commando.
    Women can also apply to join all elements of UKSF both regular and reserve.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Grey man

Grey man Royal Marines Commando

And yet you ironically force your opinion onto us :D

Fact is there are few people who can pass P-Coy, I agree her gender is irrelevant. Clearly she is a fit, motivated and capable airborne officer. Come join the rest of us in 2020 oppo.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 3
    • Disagree. Disagree. x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  12. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

Irony
    noun
    1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    Taxi!

Edit- Damn @Grey man beat me to it.

13. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

@Grey man is a sneaky little bootneck always ready to take the easy shots.

Bang on mate. I know I sound like a conspiracy nut but I’m really becoming sick of the main stream media. I actually actively avoid the news these days.

• Like Like x 2
  14. rkec

rkec Valuable Contributor

I think Morgan articulates your point, swapping black for women though

• Like Like x 2
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2
  15. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

7 PARA RHA took the trouble to mention on its Twitter page that Capt Wild was only one of two P-Coy passes for that regiment. A nice touch.

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 17.26.31.png

• Like Like x 4
  16. Wings

Wings Venerated Contributor

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    P company is a bigger deal for attachments it seems. It obviously is important for the reg but attachments are almost drunk in how obsessed they can get about P company. They even do Airborne smock parades from their CO.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

No change there then. :)

But it's understandable. A Parachute Regiment Recruit who fails P-Coy is recycled until he (or she) passes and nobody cares. With All Arms a fail is perhaps a more publicly known event at the parent unit.

Smock parades? Is that a thing? -vomit-

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  18. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

100%

I was posted to 16 CS Med Regt and subsequently was loaded onto an All arms P-coy.

A failure at P-coy for me would of meant a posting out of 16 Air Assault and potentially duff posting. The onus is on the individual to be suitably qualified, competent and current for that PID.

During my time with 16 Med, our CO wanted us all fully winged up and ready to deploy with a PARA Battalion at a moments notice. No ifs, no buts- if you couldn’t pass P-coy you were out of the unit.

All arms is no picnic- the standards are the same but the time is considerably compacted. Para Reg recruits are built up progressively over the course of their training. The AA course however you turn up, get beasted for Pre-Para then straight on P Coy. Injuries are the main factor for unsuccessful All arms candidates. There simply isn’t time to back troop. If you get injured you are sent packing back to unit.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Back in the day (late 1970s) the All Arms Course was so brutal and counterproductive that it was changed. So many good blokes were broken (mainly lower limb injuries) by the policy of pre-beat up at their parent unit; immediately followed by beat-up weeks; followed by test week.

Edited to add: Just to clarify, the real purpose of the beat-up to All Arms P-Coy is to ensure that candidates are suitably exhausted to a consistent standard before Test Week.

Some parent units operated their own pre-beat-up training weeks. The theory was that personnel would be physically better prepared for P-Coy. The actuality was that ‘over enthusiastic’ parent units sent personnel to start beat-up already carrying injuries because Test Week standards were often being incoherently applied during the pre-beat-up weeks rendering the Test Week somewhat pointless.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020