Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. Nella94

Nella94 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi everyone,

Making my first post after finding this fantastic forum for like-minded people.

I am a 24 year old male, and have had the idea of joining the Royal Marines since I was 12. I put the idea to rest for a number of years, as I cracked on with education, and went to university. I then worked a couple of healthcare jobs till I was 23, and still wasn't happy as I had this feeling just constantly on my mind, as I aspire to be part of this elite group with the qualities of a perfect human being in my eyes.

More about my application progress. I had my medical early March 2019, and my application is slowly moving forward as my GP has wrote a letter back to Capita for my details to go under a 'paper review' according to my AFCO. Roughly 6 weeks ago I attended an RMAD which confirmed how much I want this. At the RMAD my physical scores were deemed ready for PRMC despite my sit ups being below the norm; level 13.2 on bleep test, 48 push ups, 40 sit ups, and 10 pull ups.

Training is going well, core strength and swimming are a work in progress. Weighted runs have drastically improved my cardio, and on Sunday I ran a sub 4 marathon. I really want to get my date for the PJFT and then the PRMC, so I can get over this hurdle which most people seem to get stuck on!

Thank you.

2. ugachaka

ugachaka New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    This is just a quick question but I have my RMAD next week and I was just wondering if you did the 1.5 mile run as it wasn't mentioned above, just curious to find out if they do it or not

3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. Regardless of road running ability it's a good plan to get plenty of treadmill time in so that you will be confident of exceeding the required standard on the machine. Then you can focus on exceeding requirements for PRMC. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nella94

Nella94 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    No they actually skipped it on my one, you'll enjoy it.

5. Nella94

Nella94 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi, thank you very much. I have been on the treadmill, and was trying to replicate it as much as I could to what I will be expected to do on the day of the PJFT (incline and one min rest period).

• Like Like x 1
  6. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    No incline anymore for the pjft!

7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nella94

Nella94 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Ah! Can you give me a brief breakdown of the day please?

9. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I can't say that yours will be the exact same, but this was mine:

Get to the gym, say your name at reception and that you're there for your pjft. Wait until a pt comes and takes you to the consultation room or equivalent. They'll talk you through some things and check your I.d. etc (ask them now if you can use headphones if you use them)
    They'll check your weight height and blood pressure. Once all that is done, they'll take you to the gym and tell you to warm up or they'll take you through their own warm up. Then you begin
    Your running already looks on point, but please do make sure that you practice the pjft over and over and learn the paces you want etc etc. Also a little tip I used for my test.. the first run you want to complete it as close to 12:30 as possible as doing it any quicker doesnt help at all. I think I ran 12kph for 11 minutes and then went to 5kph for the last minute and a half (or something around that...test on the treadmill in case I'm wrong!) Itll give you more of a chance to smash the next run

10. Nella94

Nella94 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Really appreciate that. That has helped clear things up. Quite interesting how they have scrapped the 2% incline in my opinion! Best of luck with your PRMC!

• Like Like x 1