Fitnes First!!!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I don't know if its the same with all of them, but when I went down to my local Fitness First in Exeter to ask about having a PJFT practice for free, they said to me I can use the gym for free whenever I want within reason up until my PJFT, they said just bring down a letter addressed to me about my application, preferably a pjft letter.

Once I've passed I'm *text deleted* flatter my eyelids, smile and see if I can blag it until RT!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
nice one! that could be handy knowing. now all i need is to hunt out a fitness first. hmmm

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
only asked

I actually only asked them *text deleted* I read somewhere, either advice from the AFCO or on this forum, that if you have a PJFT coming up (they only do em in fitness first I think) you can get a couple tokens from them for a couple of practices.

So I asked about getting a few tokens so I can come and practice for free and the manager guy just said "I don't know anything about tokens but if you bring a letter down you're welcome to come and practice when you like”

Im sure they wont notice when I slip into the steam room afterwards!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Pjft

I went down to the fitness first last night after Military Fitness and did a (free) PJFT, got 9.40. Its not the world record, but I was pleased *text deleted* it will mean a pass and it was the first time I got my 1.5 below 10!

On a further note, I read more into Fitness First, the PJFTs and the fact they let applicants in for free. They have been awarded £417,000 per year to do so! But they had the cheek to say "The fitness of our men and women in the forces is paramount and we are proud to be able to do our bit".

Hmmmm, proud or quite like the sound of the extra cash!?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
is LA fitness part of fitness first? *text deleted* i'm sure in brighton the PJFT is held in LA fitness. so if it is i may well pop down there.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Dunno

I don't know mate. But I would imagine if you took your PJFT letter to any gym they'd let you practice. They would have to be right nobs not to!