Fitness advice

george2002

Reaction score
I have started the application and im hoping to join next year at 16 when i finish school, i currently can complete the return run in 9:50, do 12 pull ups, 45 push ups and around 70 sit ups. I run 4 times a week and do bodyweight exercises and gym 3 times a week, what can i do to improve these numbers and prepare for the pjft and prmc.

bhanzz

Reaction score
From having a read around, I’ve heard that during your training it’s good to start doing your push ups/sit ups/pull ups to the bleep you’ll have to do at PRMC. You have plenty of time to prepare and train, but if you start doing that early ^ it’ll make the Gym tests at PRMC more comfortable and easier for you.

drgraphics

Reaction score
Get on the tredmill once or twice a week too, it's so worth it mate for the PJFT.

Also would advice getting in the gym and start doing deadlifts, bench press, weighted excersizes, squats etc. Would really help with weight gain + overall strength and bench press will definitely help with your pushups. Deadlifts will help you with heavy lifts if you wish to improve on them.

Keep it up mate, I'm 16 currently and doing mass training to join when I gain enough weight to join. Feel free to send me a message / start conversation with me for more help.

cc1

(former RM)
Reaction score
If you're hitting those numbers and you're a year away from joining I'd say gradually include some mobility training and maintain your diet. Everything else will come with it.

A year is a long time. My main advice would be: Stay off the sauce.

New Threads