'Fitness pill' being developed

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Scientists are moving closer to developing a pill which could deliver some of the benefits of exercise - even for those who do not move a muscle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7535770.stm

Where do I sign up?! Would help on one of those *text deleted**text deleted* days where I'm to lazy to even look at my wall (such as today)...

What you guys think? Good or bad?

Personally I think it can be good if used correctly.. taken and followed by actual exercise, but I'm sure some people would just take then watch tv...

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
bad imagine if the taiban got hold of them chances are the creator will mysteriously die soon anyway

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Haha

"you know if your taliban if: You own a $3000 machine gun, a $5000 grenade launcher and a tub of fitness enhancing pills, but can't afford to buy a new pair of shoes"

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
What's this bollocks then?

I don't like the idea, and don't think it could work, but I'm not a chemistry expert or a biologist. They could give it to some fat *text deleted**text deleted* instead of training him on the commando course.

Don't know how it can greatly increase your muscle if you've never used that muscle before. I don't think it would be that good for sick people. It increases muscle growth and fat loss, that's for vanity. It doesn't produce the benefits that exercise does, such as increasing heart rate for small periods, using your lungs, releasing endorphins because of this.

Anyway you would need to do at least some exercise to notice any effects. If some 20st cnut took some you reckon it would make a difference? It looks like it does the same as steroids to me, no difference.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well, it obviosuly does make you fitter, if you read the whole article.

I dont like it, simply for the fact I worked hard to be in the shape I am in now, I dont like the idea of somebody taking a pill and getting like this *text deleted*.

However I can see that it can have positive implications, but feel it could end up being ruined by the human nature.

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I don't get it, is this just for future use by mice?

The article is on about how mice managed to run up to 70% further after this gene altercation....... Thats all well and good, but what use do we have for ultra high endurance rodents? Alternative power sources?

Looks like a winner. If i can avoid 'extra phys' myself and instead just sit on my arse all day popping pills, then that is clearly the way forward towards fitness and passing Royal Marines selection.

Could be a right pain for the Olympics crowd and all these other scientists who have to work out if atheletes have been boshing performance enhancing drugs!

Where is everyone going to live when we're all living to 100+ years old and still totally healthy?

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Where is everyone going to live when we're all living to 100+ years old and still totally healthy?
easy. mandatory IQ and ability tests anyone that turns out to be a f*ckwit gets recycled. :dinner: *text deleted*

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
easy. mandatory IQ and ability tests anyone that turns out to be a f*ckwit gets recycled. *text deleted*
hannible shows this when he eats brains out of a tin on a plane.
Recycled *text deleted**text deleted*wits=Good Food

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't get it, is this just for future use by mice?

The article is on about how mice managed to run up to 70% further after this gene altercation....... Thats all well and good, but what use do we have for ultra high endurance rodents? Alternative power sources?
Sorry, dont know if you were being sarcastic, but most things are tested on mice before being used by humans.

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hehe, yup being sarcastic.:huh:

Accutely aware of the fact that i am at home on a friday night and not out on the *text deleted* having fun, i resorted to the "lowest form of humour" to pass the time.

:dontaskme:

If the experiments do have some significance in the rodent world, then maybe:

may one day be a reality???!.....................:blink:

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
They were the dogs B*text deleted**text deleted**s.
No one can mess with a bunch of mice on harleys packing a 9 mill *text deleted*

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hehe, yup being sarcastic.:huh:

Accutely aware of the fact that i am at home on a friday night and not out on the *text deleted* having fun, i resorted to the "lowest form of humour" to pass the time.

:dontaskme:

If the experiments do have some significance in the rodent world, then maybe:

may one day be a reality???!.....................:blink:

Sorry, but you being sarcastic or summit?

*text deleted*, I was also home on a friday night haha, bored so didnt really pick up on it.
Bike mice from mars = funny as fcuk.

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Thats one p*ssy you don't want to *text deleted**text deleted* with!:nuts:

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
personally i thought dangermouse was better... *text deleted*