Fitness plan advice

Deleted

Reaction score
81KG
180cm

So my fitness plan has been going well, on week 8 of this current plan, resting once a week and feeling pretty good and healthy. Just wondering if anybody has anything I could add to it that would specifically help during the actual PRMC and training? And if anybody in the north Manchester/Bury area who is at a similar stage wanted to train for a bit of motivation feel free to give me a shout. I'm pretty certain I'll pass the pjft no problems so want to up the intensity a bit. I have been icreasing the distance on each run/jog & hill sprints.

MONDAY

Overhand Pull ups x 6 fail 2min rest time per set

Tricep Press up - max reps x 4

Sit ups - max reps 100sec x 4

Deadlift - 6 sets 12 reps

2 mile run (2% incline) x 2

Rowing machine - 250M x 12

Bike - 8 miles

Swim - max lengths 30min

TUESDAY

Timed jog - Statue and back

Hill sprints x 20

Squat jumps - 6 x 10 reps

Burpees - 6 x 10 reps

Hill climbers - 6 x 10 reps per leg

WEDNESDAY

Overhand pull ups x 6 fail 2min rest time per set

Chest Press - 4 x 10 reps low KG

Bike - 8 miles

Swim - max lengths 30min

THURSDAY

Reverse tricep pull down - 4 x fail

Squats - 8 x fail (high-low KG)

Hammy pulls - 5 sets max reps

Calf raises - 6 sets max reps

Box jumps - 5 sets 15,12,10,8,6

Bike - 8 miles

Light jog - 5.5mile jog 0.5mile walk

FRIDAY

Shoulder Press - 4 x 10

Arnold's - 4 x 10

Dumbells lateral raises - 4 x 10

Dumbells front raises - 4 x 10

Cable shoulder raises - 4 x 10

60 second plank x 4

60 second leg raises x 4

60 second 6,12,18' raise x 4

60 second scissors x 4

60 second crossovers x 4

Swim - max lengths 30min

SATURDAY

Overhand pull ups x 6 fail 2min rest time per set

Chest Press - 4 x 10 reps low KG

Bike - 5 miles

Swim - max lengths 30min

SUNDAY

REST

Kez1996

Reaction score
If what you doing at the moment is working and your getting fitter then there's no need to change it.

Bear4236

Reaction score
Might steal this plan ;) except id have to replace the pull ups with sets of dead hangs or walk the planks cause I’m yet to master the pull up :D I convinced myself it’s cause I’m 6’3 and weigh just over 90kg so take a little bit of practice to lift my heavy ass off the ground *text deleted*, thanks for sharing the plan!

ERFC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Might steal this plan ;) except id have to replace the pull ups with sets of dead hangs or walk the planks cause I’m yet to master the pull up :D I convinced myself it’s cause I’m 6’3 and weigh just over 90kg so take a little bit of practice to lift my heavy ass off the ground *text deleted*, thanks for sharing the plan!

Exact same height but 91kg and managed 13 pull ups. Don’t let yourself get dishearted by weight. Keep training and pushing hard and the results will come - I promise!

Deleted

Reaction score
Is that excuses I hear;):D

Deleted

Reaction score
Definitely not ;) Everyone has to start somewhere! But I’ll get there soon don’t worry:D
Good man! If you've got an assisted pull up machine at the gym use that or the stretch bands are good to tie round the top and get your knees on to help you up til you can smash a few out on your own. How far along the process are you?

Bear4236

Reaction score
Good man! If you've got an assisted pull up machine at the gym use that or the stretch bands are good to tie round the top and get your knees on to help you up til you can smash a few out on your own. How far along the process are you?
I’ve ordered a resistance band there the other day to help me out, busting out negatives like nothing ordinary at the minute :D if you mean the application process etc, I’m still unaware how long it takes to get medical, pjft prmc and all that and so I want to hit a certain fitness level before formally applying. I’m only 20 and I know this is what I want to do so just having fun training like mad at the moment, but 100% within the next 6 months I’ll have started the process!

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve ordered a resistance band there the other day to help me out, busting out negatives like nothing ordinary at the minute :D if you mean the application process etc, I’m still unaware how long it takes to get medical, pjft prmc and all that and so I want to hit a certain fitness level before formally applying. I’m only 20 and I know this is what I want to do so just having fun training like mad at the moment, but 100% within the next 6 months I’ll have started the process!

Personally it’s been 9 months for me and I’m still at the medical stage (TMU’d twice).

Don’t quote me on this but I think the average wait from first applying right up to RT is around the 5/6 month mark assuming everything goes smoothly so plenty of time to get your numbers up.

Deleted

Reaction score
Personally it’s been 9 months for me and I’m still at the medical stage (TMU’d twice).

Don’t quote me on this but I think the average wait from first applying right up to RT is around the 5/6 month mark assuming everything goes smoothly so plenty of time to get your numbers up.

How long have they said you have to wait since you've been tmu'd? If it's not too personal what was the TMU for?

Yeah good man, that's what I've been doing too, get your body climatised to being assaulted daily and get the spewing up done now instead of at training haha:D-vomit-

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How long have they said you have to wait since you've been tmu'd? If it's not too personal what was the TMU for?

I was never given a set date but initially it took me 5 months to get on to my second medical after a TMU

I could go on a complete rant but to keep it simple it was because they suspected a heart murmur so I had to get tests to prove this wasn’t the case. They then turned round and said the tests I had done weren’t enough. Now I’m booked to see a private cardiologist which should get me passed fit and I can crack on to my PJFT.

Can’t complain too much really, the extra training time has helped massively.

New Threads