Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Fitness Question

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by A.R_Cunnings, Aug 5, 2019.

1. A.R_Cunnings

A.R_Cunnings New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Lads looking for some answers here. I know I need to ramp it up but at the mo I'm running 2.5 miles in 19 minutes and 30 seconds. Outside along local roads. Which is a good mix of down hill,up hill, and flat.
    What I want to know is when you do the 1.5 mile test. Is it outside on a running track or a set route outside? I've heard they do it inside on treadmills at PRMC! I hope it isn't on a treadmill. I hate them.

2. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

The answers are out there lad. Get looking in the sections. But the basic outline is:

PJFT - Treadmill.
    PRMC - Outside.

You won’t ever use a treadmill in Recruit training unless you end up in Hunter.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  3. Cheezy hammy eggy

Cheezy hammy eggy Active Member

Don’t forget to work on your press ups
    (close arm) sit ups and pull ups, these are the pass/fail elements on PRMC with a mini endurance course thrown in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. Zika65

Zika65 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    My son got himself a weight jacket which he used for doing pull ups.

• Like Like x 2