fitness standard for PRMC/RT

danny12

Reaction score
what do you guys think about the standard of fitness needed to pass PRMC because i've heard that you don't want to be too fit for the start of RT as you'll peak too soon.
How can you make sure you peak during the hardest parts of training?

S

Sotiris

Hehe a very difficult question. Even if you were talking to a bunch of experienced recruits they'd have trouble answering you me thinks.

Personally I don't believe in all of that mumbo jumbo about peaking too soon. We wont be anywhere near as fit as the Commando Course will demand of us, in our current conditions.

Train us much as you can mate, don't get injured and don't smoke.

RC

Reaction score
what do you guys think about the standard of fitness needed to pass PRMC because i've heard that you don't want to be too fit for the start of RT as you'll peak too soon.
How can you make sure you peak during the hardest parts of training?

Get as fit as possible mate.

I have seen people post crap about peaking on other sites ... it's complete nonsense.

Rich.

RC

Reaction score
EDIT - Just to point out I don't think peaking is actually a waste of time. However, for the purpose RT it will be.

Rich.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i dunno about this one lads, i have heard that towards the end of 32 weeks training your knees and joints are absolutely battered, so going in as superman would'nt do you much good.

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'd suggest training hard up until 2 weeks prior to RT.
Use the first week to begin downing the tempo of your workouts.
Use the second week to rest and do a few light sessions. This should give your body the time it needs to rest and recover, ready for the abuse of the RM PTIs. :smile:

C

critchmufc

Hehe a very difficult question. Even if you were talking to a bunch of experienced recruits they'd have trouble answering you me thinks.

Personally I don't believe in all of that mumbo jumbo about peaking too soon. We wont be anywhere near as fit as the Commando Course will demand of us, in our current conditions.

Train us much as you can mate, don't get injured and don't smoke.

i agree, peaking 'too soon' i dont see what is wrong with this, but still, it takes 8 months of super hard work and beastings to get you commando test week ready

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
There's no such thing as peaking too soon *text deleted*

Everything you do in training will be to the best of your ability, ie. you'll be working at 110%

Every phys evolution, 'extra phys', yomp etc that you do, aslong as you put in the most that you can then it's impossible to be too fit if you get what I mean

Turning up to CTC for day one of training super-fit will make your life a million times easier and the teams love the fit lads. A PT superior pass at week 9 also looks good on your record and final RORRS report

NELSON23

Reaction score
well the pti's are always *text deleted* be pushin you to your limits, just when u think you have peaked you'll be pushed even further

New Threads