Fitness Standards

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Georgio, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Georgio

Georgio New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    So I've been training for a few months now and my current stats are:

Press ups: 40
    Sit ups: 75
    Pull ups: 5
    2.4k return: 9:30
    Bleep test: 9.7

Just wondering if anyone would recommend putting my application in at this stage? Or should I try to improve my fitness further before going for it?

Cheers

2. Corona

Corona New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Using this page: https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/career...ges-and-standards/royal-marines-commando/prmc
    At the minute only your sit ups surpass the satisfactory levels (a strong 2.4k return time though), with the bleep test being below minimum and the pull ups being only just past the minimum. If it were down to me I would keep training a little more to get everything up to the satisfactory level+.
    This doesn't mean don't put your application though as what I've gathered on here is between actually giving in the application and the PRMC there can be quite a lot of time which you can use to increase your fitness standards.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    My opinion is, get it in mate. As mentioned above, there are a lot of variables that will increase the time an application can take. You also have the option of putting the breaks on at certain points so I would suggest putting it in mate! You may find yourself training harder as you can actually see the ball rolling. Worked for me at least.

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  4. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

You are ready to apply! Your VO2 needs work, and your pull-ups and press-ups need to increase a bit too, but you are certainly ready to apply. As long as you continue to improve and keep working hard.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    How are your situps so strong but the great so weak? If you don't mind me asking

• Like Like x 1
  6. Georgio

Georgio New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    What do you mean by the great mate?

7. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    "Rest" sorry, I don't know why it corrected to that haha. Your situps are solid, but your press ups and pull ups aren't too great at the moment.

8. Georgio

Georgio New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Not too sure really mate. I've never had great upper body strength, but when I started training sit-ups I found I could do about 40 in one go. As for press ups I could only do 4 and I couldn't even do a pull up!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    What's your weight? Just out of curiosity?

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  10. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Get your app in and keep training. I got a B at prmc with :
    Press ups 43
    Sit ups 58
    Pull ups 8
    Bleep 12.6
    BFT - 9.03
    And don’t remember the time for assault course but was 5 points.

Just smash the CV and keep going with the body weight and by time your prmc comes you’ll be good to go.

• Like Like x 3
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 2
  11. MassamanDave

MassamanDave New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Get your app in mate, I applied in February and am only just getting through my medical stage after months of back and forth with Capita!

• Like Like x 2
  12. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I'm in the same position, but I've only been chasing capita for just over a month

13. Corona

Corona New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I would've thought with current recruitment problems that whoever was incharge of communication with potential recruits would be well on the ball with regards to reaching recruitment targets?

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker .

Fully agree.

The delay, very often, is the individual GP surgery (rightly) prioritising primary healthcare issues ahead of occupational health requests.

In other words, the NHS is centered in people with significant, ongoing medical issues needing treatment, not those who are seeking employment, no longer in need of treatment.

In most cases therefore, the delay is GP surgeries requiring payment ahead of providing medical reports. They aren't being awkward or greedy, just pragmatic.

My advice is simply to obtain & provide medical records together with the completed medical questionnaire rather than cause unnecessary delays whilst waiting several weeks/months for payment & delivery.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Georgio

Georgio New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Just over 11 stone