Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Fitness

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by FutureMarine, Feb 7, 2008.

1. FutureMarine

FutureMarine New Member

I'm just a bit worried about the 2.4km (1.5m) run on the treadmill that we have to do, last week I had a time of 12.08 and this week I had a time of 11.23 and I need to get it down to 10 mins.

I use the rowing machine a lot too.

Many Thanks

Mikey (RMR BRISTOL, CARDIFF)

2. Dodger

Dodger New Member

just keep goin at like 15.6 i think it is? and just smash it, you will be sound fella.

3. FutureMarine

FutureMarine New Member

Thanks i will do

:D

4. kidna

kidna New Member

how much different is using a machine to road running ive never used a machine before been training for 6 weeks now and can do 3 mile just under thev 22min allowed and last night was so proud i ran 10.5 mile in 1 hour 24 i never imagined id ever run 10mile+ even if i dont pass prmc I'm buzzin at how fit ive become in just 6 weeks!! is it easier/harder on a machine!?:gimp:

5. Dodger

Dodger New Member

wouldnt say say it was harder on a machine but, its comfier on the road.

6. FutureMarine

FutureMarine New Member

Well i'm nearly there i just read the guide they sent me and it says the pre-joining fitness test has to be done on a treadmill, 2.4km in 10mins 45seconds or less

7. Zefan

Zefan New Member

It's changed to 10 minutes flat now, aim to run it in that or you won't pass.

8. blocky

blocky New Member

use interval training that help LOAADS trust me

9. Dodger

Dodger New Member

as said above, its ten mins flat unfortunately mate.

10. FutureMarine

FutureMarine New Member

grrr :P

ah well back down the gym for me *text deleted* ^^

11. sparrow legs

sparrow legs New Member

i find its def easier running on a treadmill than on the road, i think they recommend having it set at 0.1 incline to compensate for this but I recommend getting off road if possible really helps with your core strength if your slipping and sliding about during run + there is no spring in your step like you get from road running, i live in the fens so no probs to go off road for me prob a little harder for the city guys.

12. MisterP

MisterP New Member

My AFCO told me that i had to get a time of about 9 & a half min on the PJFT for him to continue with my application (even though it's officially 10min dead). I don't know if that was just him, or if he didn't like me or something. I got 9min 34sec which he was happy with.

13. sparrow legs

sparrow legs New Member

well done! they were prob just pushing you a little so you gave it your best effort, i'm sure they would have passed you in ten flat. good effort!