Flat feet?

raastA

Reaction score
Haven't been active for a while, been busy, will be more active on site again :D.

Anyway lads all i wanted to know was, what's their views on people with flat feet?

Are they likely to turn someone away because of having flat feet or they don't mind massively?

I do actually have special inserts for my shoes which does help correct it.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya fella,
i have flat feet, self diagnosed but ex army PTI pointed it out to me. Havent got inserts or anything for my shoes, maybe i should look into it?
Anyway on the medical did not get checked for it at all and i have heard if you disclose it you are eligible for some special boots with inserts, so do not think you need worry about it. :)

raastA

Reaction score
Excellent :), yes mate try the inserts i must admit it helps me a lot. I need to get some new ones *text deleted*, with a higher arch as my leg still flicks out when i run, you have similar problem?

Ye i know lots of people with it, its quite common. That's orite then.

I would recommend in investing in some inserts mate :D.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
What do you mean by my leg flicking out?
I have a really bad running technique also which doesnt help, have heavy footfall so knees hurt :s *text deleted*
Which inserts would you recommend?
Is a very common thing really isnt it!

raastA

Reaction score
When you run, your leg, flies to one side rather than running, with your leg straight, it kind of flicks to one side.

Ye same mate, the ironic thing is i used to run for North of England, but flat feet never really effected my running it was my op.

I wouldn't know mate, as i get them free, for some reason, as my mum also has this, as well as it running in the family. I get referred to someone who measures my feet etc.

But just type in Flat Feet insoles on Google, some good ones there mate.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes mate will have a look on google do not want anything too fancy just something to do the job! With regards to my legs flicking out ill pay more attention on my runs and report back!

emerson88

Reaction score
Go to www.yoursole.co.uk they are probably the best ones. I paid £35 for mine in a running shop and they are good. Don't waste your time getting any from boots or jjb or anything like that.

raastA

Reaction score
Yes mate will have a look on google do not want anything too fancy just something to do the job! With regards to my legs flicking out ill pay more attention on my runs and report back!

Ok mate, excellent. Ye cheers so then i know i may have ANOTHER thing wrong with me haha :D

raastA

Reaction score
Go to www.yoursole.co.uk they are probably the best ones. I paid £35 for mine in a running shop and they are good. Don't waste your time getting any from boots or jjb or anything like that.

They helped you a lot? Would you say they were worth the investment mate? Definitely need some, as the ones i currently have although in need of new ones, they aren't designed for running at all.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Oh nice one! Which ones did you get? The black and red ones? So how did they help exactly? haha lot of questions but ya know how it is :)

emerson88

Reaction score
They support more than any others (Ive wasted so much money on insoles *text deleted*) as they're quite sturdy. I think it depends how bad your flat feet are. These are a really good buy at £35 and yeah i can notice a difference. But a lot of people have advised going to a podiatrist where insoles will cost around £100. Ive got the black ones.

raastA

Reaction score
Sweet mate, you've just helped two lads here.

Ye, specially made insoles are fooking expensive. My flat feet is pretty bad like, more so on my right foot.

Definitely getting some, aye the black ones are designed more for running, says hard impact etc.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks mate i will be ordering some asap then! Did you heat mould yours to your feet?