Foggin Tor

RobFOB

Reaction score
This will be one for any trained ranks most likely, I was just wondering what the training day at Foggin Tor was like and what sort of techniques/training you did, any difficult moments etc?

Cheers in advance!

*If you didn't already pick up on the slight air of apprehension in this post, yes I don't like height that much.

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
The climbing was pretty straight forward, when you move onto the higher features you use wire ladders so it's ok. There were no difficult climbing techniques to learn.

It's the river crossing that catches a few people out as you can only use your legs.

Just make sure you practice putting your harness on over the weekend. Are you off to Foggin Tor on Monday?

RobFOB

Reaction score
Just make sure you practice putting your harness on over the weekend. Are you off to Foggin Tor on Monday?
No I haven't actually applied yet, I realise I might be thinking slightly too far ahead but it's something that's been on my mind alot.

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Oh in that case don't worry about, I'm not great with heights but I was fine, you'll be a completely different person by that stage.

12Will12

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
You’ll be within a month of Kings Squad by that time, right now that should be quite low on your list of things to be concerned about!

RobFOB

Reaction score
You’ll be within a month of Kings Squad by that time, right now that should be quite low on your list of things to be concerned about!
Point taken, I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
News British and Afghan forces launch operation Tor Shezada RM Operational News 0

New Threads