Food logs does any1 keep them

Reaction score
Now after reading the training tool on the rm website its told me to eat lots of carbs, more so than protein so your body has enough fuel to keep you going.

I wanted to know if anyone was keeping food logs or specific diets like the 40/40/20, but as i said before you need more carbs than protein. so a 50/40/10 diet would be the best answer would it not????

Thanks

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I dont keep logs, but i do have a set diet plan, which im starting to change and eventully knock on the head because it was a plan i stuck too when i was lifting weights 4-5 times a a week, was eating 7 small meals a day, but was a blend of lots of veg, complex carbs and a good protein intake,

MeridiaNx

Reaction score
I try not to be too strict on it as I find that it becomes more difficult for me that way, too regimented, too boring, and I can't keep to it as well. I try to eat 6 times a day and follow a general pattern, but it's never the same thing every day as long as it follows the same principles.

My snacks range from fruit & a yoghurt, to smoothies, to peanut butter on brown toast, pilchards on brown toast, small sandwich. Whatever flicks my switch at that moment when I look in the cupboard/fridge. I find as long as it falls into the parameters of healthy eating and a good nutritional balance, that way keeps things interesting for me.

Reaction score
yea thats what ive been doing i just thought of it as shopping wise buying in bulk will work out cheaper *text deleted*

Also can i ask what should you be eatin as a snack around 9pm after dinner ????

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yea thats what ive been doing i just thought of it as shopping wise buying in bulk will work out cheaper *text deleted*

Also can i ask what should you be eatin as a snack around 9pm after dinner ????

When I done my PRMC, for the 9 o clock meal, most people (recruits and us 'civies') had a big bowl of cereal and some fruit. I suppose if they're only have that, must be good for us too!