Foot Issue

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've got this problem again with my foot.

It's a pain sort of like Muscle soreness but I think it's a tendon or something? I got it a couple of months ago when I started running but it was due to a toe that got bloody and painful from wearing shoes too small and I ended up walking differently putting the weight on the back end of my foot and it eventually caused this problem although much more severe, took 3 weeks to heal, with the help of cabbage(cellotaping it to my foot at the injured spot overnight) at the end.

So now I've got the issue on my other foot and I need it healed quick, I can't really run until it's healed but hopefully the cabbage should help heal it quick, also tiger balm(does that just relieve the pain or does it actually help? By getting the blood circulated around the area?) and I've got my PRMC in 3 weeks!

Has anyone had this problem before? And any other methods to help it heal faster?

This is where it is:

Windy_Chris

Reaction score
Alright chap i'm not a doctor but if i remember correctly that sounds a lot like plantar faciitis. There are a number of tendon structures running front to back in the foot and due to overuse or Biomechanical fault (collapsing arches, flat feet) they can become inflammed and really painful, if it's worse in the morning and eases of during the day that another sign. Rest, ice and brufen for treatment but definately get a physio or podiatrist to take a look because they might suggest orthotics. Hope that helps pal and good luck.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright chap i'm not a doctor but if i remember correctly that sounds a lot like plantar faciitis. There are a number of tendon structures running front to back in the foot and due to overuse or Biomechanical fault (collapsing arches, flat feet) they can become inflammed and really painful, if it's worse in the morning and eases of during the day that another sign. Rest, ice and brufen for treatment but definately get a physio or podiatrist to take a look because they might suggest orthotics. Hope that helps pal and good luck.

Cheers, it's not serious is it? :confused:

Getting worried, I don't want it to re occur but maybe it's just my feet getting used to the stress, hopefully anyway.

Thanks again.

Windy_Chris

Reaction score
Cheers, it's not serious is it? :confused:

Umm, well it's not like your legs *text deleted* drop off any time soon :praise: but it is an overuse injury in a similar way to MTSS or achilles tendonitis. I might be all wrong with the diagnosis, so get somenone to look at it but it's not really something to train through. it's either caused by the old, too much too soon syndrome or poor biomechanics.