Football

Taggart91

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on this site plays football at a reasonably high standard?

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i hate football! i used to play tanle tennis! was in competitions! never lost 1 game!

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I used to play for West Brom (SH*T!!) but i got released :sad:

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I love playing it, hate supporting it though. if there is ever a kick about going on i will play. i don't think i'm too bad ether.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
When I played football competitively I played for Scotland. Id say that was a pretty high standard *text deleted* but then I injured my knee and got dropped from the squad. If it wasnt for that *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted** that done it I would still be playing.
But yeah playing for Scotland was brilliant.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Played for city,everton and wigan.
Was going to be semi pro before i decided join the marines.

T

tricky123

When I was at primary my School was in the top competitive league and we were *text deleted**text deleted* hot.

We used to win the league every season and the prize used to be going to the speedway *text deleted*,
We were playing against upto P7 and I think it was when I was in P5 we where the oldest in the team.

I scored one goal ( as I used to play right back ).
Players took centre, passed it back to me I shot from my own half, lobbing the other keeper (this was from my own 18 yard box).
Also played for Scotland nationals, and Lanarkshire county.

I also used to train with Rangers pro youth and Partick Thistle.
Got a few games for Gers but when I went to Secondary I lost interest.

Im still interested in watching football, used to take up a BIG part of my life *text deleted*.

MS

zooby

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was the captain for glasgow school boys. I played for scotland school boys a few games too, then fecked ma foot for a while (5 years ago) and completely lost my fitness ha

Taggart91

Reaction score
WOW some of you lads played at a well high standard.
I played for Derby County but got realised.
Then Got offered a scholarship at Burton Albion but turned it down *text deleted* of the marines and now i just play for a small team but its still semi pro.

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
played 4 Birmingham city but got released *text deleted* i was "too small" basically *text deleted*..W@n*text deleted**s..oh well

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Football & other sports General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 19
R Football Fan Arrest Jollies Bar 12
S FOOTBALL Jollies Bar 26