Footwear for long walks? Boots/Running trainers.

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im starting a new security job soon,about 10 miles away from my house. I can catch a lift out to work,and then when i finish at about 4am im thinking about walking/jogging it home. Take some kit in a daysack and have a nice bit of me time at stupid'o clock!

I live right on the Brighton seafront so im thinking about doing the whole thing on sand,could be interesting!

Just wondering what people would recomend for long walks like that,going between payment,and beach. Stick to my good running shoes for comfort? Or some assault boots?

Im hoping it wont aggrievate my shin trouble,i quite like the idea of doing the majority of it on sand,at least i wont be pounding away.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah walking boots. Don't forget to wear 2 pairs of socks or a pair of 1000 (or 500) miles walking socks to avoid blisters and 'hot spots'

roguesniper

Reaction score
get a nice pair of army boots! i never wear anything else on long walks

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
theres some running/walking shoes you can get in outdoor activties shops or a good shoe store. of course ask for assistance befor you go buying any old pair *text deleted*

but all i have to say is that they aren't great for helping pronation problems. if your going to jog part of the way make sure the shoes you get are ok for your running style

bennyd89

Reaction score
Look for adidas GSG9s. They look like boots but feel like trainers on. Very light.