For PRMC is it close arm or wide arm??

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
We had a careers fair at college today and marines were there and i asked about the pressups on the PRMC and he said that he thinks they have changed it from close-arm pressups to wide-arm pressups. is that true??

thanks lads...:sailor:

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* if this is true i am f*cked. i have done it the 'marine' way all the time, will be hard to go back if this is true.

stick with close for now mate, i am.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'll jump for joy if they have, I find wide armed much easier personally.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
We had a careers fair at college today and marines were there and i asked about the pressups on the PRMC and he said that he thinks they have changed it from close-arm pressups to wide-arm pressups. is that true??

thanks lads...:sailor:

Nope, there's been nothing announced, so it's duff info.

Carry on with close-arm press-ups....GO!

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I don't see any problem doing wide arm and marine style infact wide arm I could probably exceed what I can do now with marine style. It's the diamond that I struggle with after 25 *text deleted*. I can do them but they hurt!

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ooh agree with you on diamonds ashley, feels like my tendons are *text deleted* pop after 10.

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I can't even remember the last time I've done a wide arm press up. It just doesn't feel natural now. But why would they change it? There would be no need.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Yeah I don't see any problem doing wide arm and marine style infact wide arm I could probably exceed what I can do now with marine style. It's the diamond that I struggle with after 25 *text deleted*. I can do them but they hurt!

I think you should do a video and show us all these 80 odd press ups!

*text deleted* im *text deleted**text deleted*ed if can, and *text deleted* been training for a long while!

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Just asked a corporal freind of mine from 539 squadron whos at lympstone right now on his sargents course and he txt me back saying "its bull*text deleted**text deleted*"

there ye go :P