Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Forced penetration: If a woman forces a man to have sex, is that rape?

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by News, Jul 26, 2019.

1. News

News RSS Feed

When a man has sex with a woman without consent, that's rape. Should it be rape when a woman coerces a man into sex?

Continue reading...

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

At first glance, I thought "Hmmn, I imagine @ThreadpigeonsAlpha may have a viewpoint on this subject" however, the article itself makes for an genuinely interesting, thought-provoking read.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Faugery

Faugery Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    YES

• Like Like x 3
  4. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

Well... it should be but it isn’t.

Rape is a criminal offence and is defined as the penetration by a penis of another person’s vagina, anus or mouth without that person’s consent.

However there are other sexual offences, for example, sexual assault by penetration, that can be carried out by both men and women. These offences are committed if they are carried out without the other person’s consent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rover

Rover Moderator

Unfortunately I can see a new defensive ploy by those males being charged with rape.

‘She forced me to do it, your honour’!!

One can only hope that the Police will have an airtight case against those concerned.

6. Faugery

Faugery Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    It is shocking the ignorance society has about women violating men both sexually and violently. I find it very disturbing that kiddy fiddlers are normally labelled as men, they are not always :mad:.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Simple really if you get charged with rape.

Just say you identify as a female

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  8. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

This thread has interest....

9. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

upload_2019-8-2_11-31-27.png

Quite depressing. So many go unreported.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  10. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

Unfortunately there’s no way to gauge the false accusations. Nor the reasons for it.

Regret is not rape. And unfortunately for various reasons some women throw this accusation around as a way to smear a blokes career and repuataion. Because they know it’s the nuclear option. And the system and stigma attached, means it’s no longer innocent until proven guilty, but guilty by mob rule.

While rape is by far worse than murder, it’s a very delicate and can be a complicated situation to deal with.

• Nailed It Nailed It x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Worse than murder? :eek:
    But reputationally, yes, I agree. There were a few 'celebrity' murderers about back in the day. Thinking 'Mad Frankie Fraser' and that bloke off Eastenders who shot a Berlin taxi driver. Yet to see a 'celebrity' rapist on TV. A convicted one, anyway.

12. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

@Chelonian I'm in agreement with TPA. The effects of murder are finite in so much as the victim's pain ends with the killing blow. Rape can and does have life-lasting psychological effects on a person, which filter through to every day life for the person and anyone within their sphere.

I'm not saying murder is a low down offence, it most definitely isnt. I just believe rape to be much more damaging to the individual subjected to it, especially in cases of violent rapes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  13. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

And that’s a fact. We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one mate. Many rape victims have subsequently expressed in evidence that their greatest fear was that they would be murdered.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  14. doggle

doggle Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    More damaging than being murdered??? You’re murdered, you’re dead and that’s that. (Think of the psychological effects of that on family friends etc)
    There is life after rape, you know.....a victim is, of course, affected by this despicable crime but can also go on to live a happy fulfilled life, contributing to society, being loved by and loving their family and friends, being a loving parent....I could go on.

15. doggle

doggle Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent

16. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Which is worse, murder or rape?

If a victim had the horrendous choice, death or sexual assault, I wonder which...?

• Nailed It Nailed It x 2
  17. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

The thing is, when most of us think about rape, we only think about the down-the-alley cases. We have all heard the stories of girls who got in the wrong car, at the wrong time, tales of women walking home alone after dark. We imagine the women being punched, kicked, held down and forced – in situations with no escape

I’ve assisted with investigations of rape, albeit only on the periphery. Here is what I see -The reality is a large number of reported rapes relate to the drunk partner who couldn't take no for an answer. The one night stand who didn’t stop when asked. The incapacitated victim who was too drunk to consent.

Another common theme is the abuse of consent. Some offenders disregard that consent must be continuous. You can stop at any time, you can change your mind, and just because you said yes to one thing doesn’t mean you have consented to anything else.

It’s a bit of a myth that it is commonly reported in order to deal with regret or hide an affair. Most rapes are not reported.

• Like Like x 4