Forced training lull frustrations!

dbar8886

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Lads,
Thought i have a rant on here about my training lull, im sure we all have times where we cant perform our best, but this one is taking too long! I have a small intermittent stress injury- inside right foot- caused by overpronation over the last few years. Its not really caused me any pain, but i was always aware of it. So to the doctor i went to try and fix it, and now im waiting for the custom insoles to be ready so i can start correcting the problem. The good news is that no damage has been done and getting the insoles in and breaking them in should ensure i can continue running and get back on track. the bad news is, *text deleted** been waiting for 3 weeks now and its driving me crazy. *text deleted** done a few small runs and a few PJFTS but its always been terrible, i dont know whats wrong, it must be in my head as before this happened i managed a 8:47 return.. now im lucky if i can even finish.
I guess its because i know now im can cause damage if i keep running on it or something.
Anyone else find inexplicable drops in ability sometimes?

Craigh88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Lads,
Thought i have a rant on here about my training lull, im sure we all have times where we cant perform our best, but this one is taking too long! I have a small intermittent stress injury- inside right foot- caused by overpronation over the last few years. Its not really caused me any pain, but i was always aware of it. So to the doctor i went to try and fix it, and now im waiting for the custom insoles to be ready so i can start correcting the problem. The good news is that no damage has been done and getting the insoles in and breaking them in should ensure i can continue running and get back on track. the bad news is, *text deleted** been waiting for 3 weeks now and its driving me crazy. *text deleted** done a few small runs and a few PJFTS but its always been terrible, i dont know whats wrong, it must be in my head as before this happened i managed a 8:47 return.. now im lucky if i can even finish.
I guess its because i know now im can cause damage if i keep running on it or something.
Anyone else find inexplicable drops in ability sometimes?
Mate.. *text deleted** had a niggling knee injury that i eventually had to stop running with for about 3 weeks. I was sooo stressed out as all the work i had done was drifting away. Its not 100% better but im running again now. My first run was terrible, i struggled with the first 1.5 let alone the return. Now 1.5 weeks later im back to hitting 9ish return. Complete the runs even if they arent done in a good time, its mostly physcological i think! I just concentrated on my body weight exercises, fitness is a lot easier to get back i think.

dbar8886

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks mate! yeh you are right, just *text deleted* remember that when everything is sorted i can work my way back up, one thing i do have is time so its just impatient frustration more than anything!

Craigh88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks mate! yeh you are right, just *text deleted* remember that when everything is sorted i can work my way back up, one thing i do have is time so its just impatient frustration more than anything!
The most important thing! stretch and warm up before running. Incredible how much this helped my knee, but i had it properly explained to me and it made a hell of a lot of sense. If your not stretching, somewhere else is compensating for that smaller muscle group.. my knees in my case.
Just remember when your back to normal, ease yourself back in gradually.. it'll come back in no time!