Forecast Leave Dates

Discussion in 'Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions' started by Ninja_Stoker, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Lvv96

Lvv96 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Is this accurate still? Looking at booking a holiday but ive seen a fee different dates floating around

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Those dates relate to CTC and were given by the pay office. They relate to the first and last full days off. Not heard anything to the contrary, but if in CTC, just pop in to ask.

3. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

I would definitely check those dates as Good Friday is the 30th,I would of though a week before,a week after Easter would be more the norm, but this is the RM ;)

4. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Ninja's dates are, unsurprisingly, correct. My son has been given his training plan for the year from CTC and the dates match. Easter is really early this year, hence the anomaly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mumofthree

Mumofthree Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @rdm73 this is the forecast dates for all at CTCRM.

6. Mumofthree

Mumofthree Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I've just heard from my nod that the Easter dates aren't right. Can someone please let me know?

7. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    CTC Easter leave is confirmed as the two weeks 31 Mar - 15 Apr. Not sure what your Nod is up to so can not comment on his particular set of circumstances, but leave for everyone else is as above. If still in doubt, give the Welfare team in CTC a call (not the trg staff!!)

8. Maiden666

Maiden666 Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Can you tell me what your Nod said as i have plans to make and dont want to get this wrong.

9. Mumofthree

Mumofthree Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    He just said that the dates I have for Easter which are those on here are apparently wrong but I haven't heard what the actual dates are. When/if I find out I'll let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Silly question, but people are looking at the 2018 dates aren't they?

By the very nature of Easter being the first sunday following the full moon after the spring equinox, it varies year to year. The dates on here will include previous years as well as this year.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mumofthree

Mumofthree Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi yep I'm looking at the dates for 2018 at the head of this sticky post.

12. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Just in case nobody can give you a definitive answer on the forum today about 2018 Easter leave dates below is the telephone number of Welfare Information Officer at CTCRM:

Telephone 01392 414337

Apparently the office isn't staffed on Mondays but should be able to help Tuesday to Friday between 0815 and 1450. Or perhaps leave a short message on the answer machine and someone will get back to you.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/welfar...rmation-support/information-centres/lympstone

Hope that this helps. Moveable feasts, eh? :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maiden666

Maiden666 Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi
    I'm going to go on the dates that are on here. Our Nod is in troop 254 and these dates are the same as his.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Possibly the dates for his troop are different for a specific reason such as exercises and asset availability or possibly this particular troop is earmarked as rapid recall/standby for Op Temperer, as a contingency plan.

Bottom line is if he knows the dates his leave isn't, then presumably he should know the dates his leave is.

15. Mumofthree

Mumofthree Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    What is rapid recall/standby for Op Tempered?

I agree that he should know what his dates are if he knows what his dates are but teenagers and communication with parents has been frowned upon since the beginning of time so we have to scrape together eveything we can and see what the end result is, ha ha.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  16. Ninja_Stoker

I have a 19 year old son, so can definitely relate to comms issues ;)

Op Temperer is basically security duties if the UK raises the threat state from critical to incoming, or something like that. Milling around airports carrying a gun, stuff like that, to release Armed Police for more pressing issues at hand.

Eg: Key locations including Buckingham Palace to be guarded by armed... http://dailym.ai/2qU2mWo

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  17. Lvv96

Lvv96 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Easter dates are different CTC breaks up on the 29th as the 30th is good friday

• Like Like x 2
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  18. guffas

guffas Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Can anyone tell me how many travel warrants home the Nods get please?

19. Ninja_Stoker

It's quite complex and depends on the individual's age, stage of training, declared home address, marital status and mode of transport required.

In ballpark figures, most recruits can usually expect to get a free UK rail warrant for each of the three main leave periods and one weekend.

Fuller details in JSP 752 volume 2, Chapter 5, Section 1, Get You Home (Early Years) https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...gulations-for-expenses-and-allowances-jsp-752

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  20. 03092014

03092014 Royal Marines Commando

I don't want to contradict what @Ninja_Stoker has said because I might of misread the thread but I'm sure as a recruit you can only get travel warrants in Phase 1. I think you are entitled to 3 which normally works out as:

Long weekend (Week 5)
    Leave period
    Long weekend (Week 15)

Unless anyone else has experienced different?