Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Forum future

Discussion in 'Site Issues, News and Developments' started by Ninja_Stoker, Dec 13, 2018.

1. lilsis

lilsis Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Our nods are only in week 9 and so far this site has helped us all in troop 270 a great deal, you have all answered so many of my questions all ready and no matter what I need help with there is always a page that has the info on or a p & p to help. Surely there has to be some way of saving the site.

2. channing26

channing26 Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    This must be one of the saddest things I've read - and it's ludicrous that something so good should be gone!
    The support that has been given over the years has been incredible, so I thank each and every one of you.
    Keeping everything crossed that this will not be the end of this amazing forum.
    @Ninja_Stoker wishing you al the very best for the future. It was a pleasure to meet you in October at the CC.
    Thank you to those who have become dear friends...... you know who you are!!
    xxx

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. R

R Well-Known Member

I have emailed someone that carries considerable rank and influence within the RM, however they are OOO currently so not sure when I will get a reply, I know they will get back to me though, if anything comes of it I know who to reachout to @Ninja_Stoker. Is there any possibility of keeping a read only of the forum up for the time being? Or would it need to be moved to different hosting?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Wedge98

Wedge98 Royal Marines Commando

Only just seen this! Sad to hear. This forum played a huge part in my joining process a few years back and I found it took away a lot of the bull*text deleted**text deleted* that floats around the app process and cleared up the gen stuff.

Even as a trained rank there was plenty of good info to use on here too reference career paths.

Thanks very much to those who maintained the forum especially @Ninja_Stoker , @GreyWing and @CHUB! . In hindsight, maybe I wouldn't have got this far/wrapped during joining if it wasn't for the reassurance of info in uncertain times during the app process. Played a big part for sure.

Good luck to all those joining!

• Like Like x 2
  5. MassamanDave

MassamanDave New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Gutted to hear! Learnt so much using this forum and has helped me through my application process this last year. Wish the higher powers could see how beneficial it is! Thankyou all!

6. BLM

BLM Active Member

App Stage:
    Partner
    If anyone wants to join our mini WhatsApp group I'm happy to add you...until we can revive this forum with the power of the force... Obvs details of everyone is kept private! If you want in, send my your mobile number

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  7. Fleet98

Fleet98 Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I actually can't believe it @Ninja_Stoker @GreyWing @Caversham @Chelonian @Rover @Illustrious and al the parents an partners can't thank you enough for all help and support over the last few years. This I devastating news for all the current an future Nods. @Ninja_Stoker @GreyWing thanking you both especially and wishing you a th very best for the future. Hopefully a work around can be found quickly before the lights go off. I'm absolutely gutted and will miss the banter the friends and hearing and supporting the lads going through the pain of becoming part of the Elite and their history Jan XX

• Like Like x 2
  8. rmmo21

rmmo21 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Gutted by the news, been such a useful place for finding out about joining and the application process, would have been lost without it.

Would it be possible to set up a fundraising page to get the funds to continue the hosting. I'm sure there would be many people willing to put a bit in!

• Like Like x 6
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  9. 03092014

03092014 Royal Marines Commando

Best of luck on your next step @Ninja_Stoker the work you and @GreyWing have put into this forum is incredible. It has helped me massively and I believe one the things that separates this forum from many others is the input of serving Commandos and those in training. When I was going through the application process it was an invaluable source of information.

Again, good luck for the future.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Pez1962

Pez1962 Well-Known Member

Not sure there is much more I can add to the sentiments already expressed. I joined just under 4 yrs ago and it is no understatement to say it changed my life from quiet, shy unassuming mum to, well a very different and definitely confident proud RM mum. I hope this will not be good bye and be assured we will still be turning out as Ninja's Worriers at next year's RM challenge.

• Like Like x 8
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  11. george11

george11 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Such a shame, this site has helped me get though 32 weeks of training... as a parent, I would like to thank you all, and it will be a bit miss, so pleased to have been a part of it
    Thanks again xxx

• Like Like x 2
  12. BLM

BLM Active Member

App Stage:
    Partner
    Anyone who wants to be in the WhatsApp temporary lifeboat group send me your number will add you... Temporary until we get the forum back

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mudlarker

Mudlarker Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Shock horror - can't believe what I have just read. This site was the best when our Nod went through CTC.
    Thank you @Ninja_Stoker - best wishes for the future. Also all you others... @Chelonian @Caversham @Pez1962 et al.
    Best wishes to you all and let's raise a glass to all the amazing Nods....past, present and future.
    Mud

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. MomsRUs

MomsRUs Gin Lover

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I just want to say a massive thank you to all those people who made my journey through RT training bearable as a worried mom - @Ninja_Stoker @Caversham @Chelonian @arny01 @Rover @GreyWing your words of encouragement, the patience of explaining everything and for not laughing when we were being Momsie!
    I am gutted this forum is ending but I have life long friends from this so it does live on and as @Pez1962 has said we will be there at the Commando Challenge in October!
    Thank you and good luck to all aspiring and current Nods!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Dear all

Many, many thanks for the messages of supportt and kind words, too many to reply to individually.

Rest assured there are ongoing discussions with regard future funding of the forum through service sponsorship.

Whenever we've asked previously, we've been chinned off but people in the right places appear to be rallying as they appreciate the worth of the site and we're hopeful a solution can be found.

The site will go offline until this is resolved, as nothing will happen otherwise.

Many thanks again, please bear with us and hopefully, we'll see you on the other side.

Rob

• Like Like x 16
  16. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks to everyone who's helped my (short) journey so far - you have no idea how useful you've been. Be it in endless questions about physical training or general aspects of the RM. Thanks again and I really hope this site can be saved.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Corvo50

Corvo50 Royal Marines Commando

Thanks so much for all the hard work and effort, this forum helped me out so much

• Like Like x 5
  18. Morticia

Morticia Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Gutted! After lurking on the side lines for the past 18 months I finally joined the forum this month, so grateful to everyones input, advice, knowledge and support.
    Good luck Rob in your new position, merry christmas and a happy new year to one and all!
    Thanks x

• Like Like x 3
  19. Andy2hips

Andy2hips Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I would personally like to thank @Ninja_Stoker @CHUB! @Caversham @Chelonian for all the advice and support you have given me and my nod recently and really can't believe that such a unique and useful tool is being pushed to one side. Good luck to everyone in their journeys

• Like Like x 1
  20. Williamosaurus

Williamosaurus Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I’m currently on PRMC and I have filled out a questionnaire and one of the questions was along the lines of did I use this forum and how often.

• Like Like x 8
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1