Forum future

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
Wasn’t supposed to do that... great news obviously!

Well done everyone!
Not sure if you have an Edit and Delete buttons on your screen below your post, but if so, just click on it and edit or delete away.

If not, happy to do it for you.

Alan

Moonduster

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if you have an Edit and Delete buttons on your screen below your post, but if so, just click on it and edit or delete away.

If not, happy to do it for you.

Alan

Not on my phone (might be on my computer) - feel free to edit away. Thanks.

A350-800

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It's great the forum is back, Thankyou so much :)

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
I am actually really impressed with the level of support everyone has shown for this forum.
In the 9 years that I have been associated with this forum I have yet to see another come up to the level of respect shown on here to everyone.

That's unless you're a caviar troughing, granola munching, doorknob officer, associated with the RAF Regiment! ;););)

Alan

Last edited:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
This is the 3rd time this has happened since being on the forum. Everyone comes together in time of need.
Spot on. We've come close to the edge several times previously.

One thing that's become pretty plain to me is the fact the forum is more use to it's users if we have a loyalty to them as much as the recruiting effort. This applies equally to potential recruits as much as their families and partners before and during training.

The impression I get is the Corps is very much supportive of this forum but equally needs to be 'hands off' in some respects to help ensure a holistic insight, not just the official recruiting mantra which is, by necessity, all shiny, sparkling and "everything is awesome".

That is also probably the reason the Corps doesn't officially endorse this site through the AFCOs, but specifically asks those attending PRMC whether they used this forum.

For example, the only time I've ever seen a private company tell it how it is, they imploded: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/aug/22/gerald-ratner-jewellery-total-crap-1992-archive

Bottom line is we probably need to be a bit edgy and perhaps perceived as subversive to remain credible because it's the support from within the Corps family that kept us going.

Possibly, he says, thinking out loud...we may also be equally as useful to the Corps Welfare organisation as the recruitment aspects.