Frequency

M

matt3671

Hi lads,

Working out what days to do my heavy resistance session, just to confirm if I were to do Squats and Leg work one day, it would be okay to do upper body the next......doesn't over tax the CNS or anything? Just easier for me to do it this way as some evenings I can't do the resistance training and work it into the carb back loading that I am trying out. Probably not ideal I know. Would aim to try something like Thurs, Fri, Sun for weights.

Cheers guys

S

stokey_14

I wouldn?t worry about taxing the CNS if your only lifting 2-3 times a week.

I?d also do full body on both/all days if your lifting only 2 times a week.

Keep it simple Squats (1-2 times a week) on the other day deadlift build the rest of your work around this.

If you?re a beginner or intermediate you?ll find you?ll adapt to the increased workload very easily as you wont actually be stressing the body that much (compared to advanced athletes) due to the lower loads and/or volume.

Stokey

M

matt3671

Cheers mate.

Was going to do this:

Thursday: Squats
Friday: Military Press/Weighted Pulls
Sunday:Weighted Dips/Barbell Rows

With a logic that it would involve all planes of motion - would you say adding Deadlifts to the Sunday session would be a nice basic strength program? Alternatively I could do Squats Thursday & Sunday and Deadlifts on the Friday. I intend to follow the basic 5x5 format, at least for the time being. This is obviously on top of body weight circuit training.

Trying to keep sessions to 60min maximum and because I am focussing on strength and using long rest periods so probably looking at 2-3 exercises per workout?

S

stokey_14

Deadlift Sundays would be good, heavy back squats Thursday then lighter front squats Friday sort of thing?

Stokey