From PRMC to RT

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
if you like this is one of them typical how long does it take to get from one stage to the next.

but anyway, im looking to go into RT either the 27th October or the 10th Novemeber, does anyone know the latest i would have to do my PRMC to still be able to get in?

i ask because i have a holiday coming up and i come back at the end of august and i was planning on wanting to do my PRMC in september, would doing it that late allow me to still get onto the RT corse in october or november?

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I spoke to my AFCO last week who quoted the current average wait at around two months.

If you really want to join on a particular date my advice would be to do your PRMC sooner rather than later as that will give you more time between PRMC and RT and therefore a higher chance that there will be spaces in that troop.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
My afco told me 'the process can go as fast as I want it to', so just tell them you *text deleted* get everything done fast! *text deleted*

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
My afco told me 'the process can go as fast as I want it to', so just tell them you *text deleted* get everything done fast! *text deleted*

Thats what mine said too mate!.. Im going wait for mine so then i can build my fitness and strength up to the max! and go to the RT like a sh*t brickhouse!..

B

billyliversage

I spoke to my WO yesturday to ask him about this. He told me that there are alot of people applying at the moment. I do my PRMC on 24th June and he recons that i will be in RT around sept/ oct time as long as i pass.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I think the quickest you can start RT, after PRMC is 6 weeks.

THE ISH

Reaction score
I know of people who have got into RT 2 weeks after PRMC, but i think its a rare one i think a rule of thumb is 6 weeks but you could be lucky!

akerfish

In RT
Reaction score
nah i dont think it is 6 weeks *text deleted* a lad who applied same time as me got in in march. 3 weeks after prmc. im still waiting for prmc. there was ahold up with my app.