FSB

Flipper23

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of when the final selection board takes place and/or when officer applicants will learn whether they have a place on basic training? There’s a rumour going round that it’s today from some lads, however ultimately a lot of uncertainty. If anyone has any info that would be fantastic.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of when the final selection board takes place and/or when officer applicants will learn whether they have a place on basic training?
Regardless of when the FSB sits in past years candidates have been notified by snail mail post during the third week of July. Some get an earlier unofficial notification from their ACLO but not all.

Rover

Reaction score
Сожалею. Я думал, что вы имели в виду другую ФСБ.-banghead-

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
I began shredding files and put my phone in the microwave when I read the title of this thread.

The FSB is successor agency to the USSR’s KGB. False alarm everyone! Rover, you can come out of the bunker now.

Rover

Reaction score
I began shredding files and put my phone in the microwave when I read the title of this thread.

The FSB is successor agency to the USSR’s KGB. False alarm everyone! Rover, you can come out of the bunker now.[/QUOTE]

May need to stay awhile, public relations and all! ;)

0_PAY-Anna-Khramtsova_4_east2west.jpg

Rover

Reaction score
o_O:)For the record... I do not play golf!

vellichor

Reaction score
Based on what my ACLO told me, I believe we will hear 1-2 days after the FSB, so tomorrow or Saturday.

He also said candidates will receive an email and online application portals will be updated, which is perhaps a new thing as in previous years it seems people on this forum have waited to receive letters.

Chelonian

Reaction score
He also said candidates will receive an email and online application portals will be updated, which is perhaps a new thing as in previous years it seems people on this forum have waited to receive letters.
Email? Good grief! Not before time.

FSB notifications prior to 2020:

pigeon.jpg

Best wishes to all waiting for news.

Chelonian

Reaction score
This might be a good time to mention that some selected for a Batch decide within a couple of weeks that it is not the life for them after all.

Anecdotally, a few who did not make the (supposedly) final cut have been contacted in early weeks of September to replace those who leave early doors. Admittedly it is a tiny window of opportunity.

If I were knocked back (and if I were forty years younger) I'd consider notifying my ACLO of my availability at short notice should unfortunate circumstances occur.

Reaction score
Just called up my ACLO and received the verdict of the final selection board. I have been told the size of this years batch is 60 candidates.