Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Full Range of Motion in Elbow

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Something Original, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Something Original

Something Original New Member

Are you able to join without a full Range of Motion in the Elbow? I broke my radius head on my upper left elbow a couple of weeks ago after eating *text deleted* on my bike. It is healing well, but the osteo and physio have both advised me I may not get full extension: I can manage currently 30 to 145 (normal 00 to 145). My right arm was broken as well, but was a break further down, and there is no limitation of movement there. There has been no surgery, or pinning needed.

I want to be entirely realistic with my upcoming application, and while I will still ask the question over my suitability, I was wondering if anyone was aware of what effects, or possible bars to entry as a result. I know I am looking at a further 12 months before anything remotely approaching a PRMC.

Also, any advice for exercises to build up the strength after I've done my 6 weeks? Back to push ups and pull ups.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome. No.

3. Something Original

Something Original New Member

Off to try and be a paramedic it is then. Cheers :)