Funny PRMC Stories

Brisk

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
any new ones lads? Just came across this thread and thought some more people might have some good ones

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ye, some of the questions that people asked were so stupid, but i think it was just a case of they didnt really think about what they were asking. still, made for a good laugh for the rest of us. also, in our last lecture the corporal told us in passing that most marines don't live past the age of 65 for various reasons, mainly down to lifestyle choice, and a few of the guys went white as a ghost. think that gave them food for thought about still wanting to join.
That's interesting, but you have to wonder how accurate it is when thinking about the modern day. For someone to be 65 today it means they were born in... 1946, which is a considerable amount of generation leaps ago.
Only time will tell really, I suppose.

Edit; ahhh, didn't realise it was a bump!

Dalton2250

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not that funny but on my very first PRMC, during the weapons acquaint, a commando knife was passed around and one lad held it up and said 'Excuse me Corporal, have you ever killed anyone face to face with one of these?'

Needless to say, a soldier he was who'd done more than one tour of Afghanistan, he didn't really enjoy that particular question.

The response was as expected 'What a pratt, give me 30 press-ups. In fact, give me 20, you don't look like you could do 30'.

:laugh:

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I loved the people turning the wrong way during drill, and hearing the age-old "start banging them out". We also had one guy on our PRMC who had absolutely no rythym and his marching was all over the place. This led one of the Corporals to shout "You're a marching mong! Get to the back and try and do it properly!".

Another thing that made me chuckle was the few people who would jump off the diving board into the pool, knowing fullwell they couldn't swim! You'd see them go down, take a while to get up then frantically splash their way to the side, where they'd be greeted by a Corporal who would try to get an answer to why they'd risk drowning on an event that wasn't even pass or fail!

I also have one that I did personally. After the Determination Test, we were told to jump into the regain tank to wash most of the mud off. I saw a few lads jump in and saw the water was around chest height. So when it came to my group's turn to jump in, I ran and vaulted the side and plunged straight under, it was definitely deeper than chest height! As it was a bit of a shock I took a big mouthful of the lovely clean water :)sick:) on the way down too, before having to struggle to keep my head above the water whilst everyone was flailing about to tread water. Needless to say I was shivering on the run back to the accomodation block and was awaiting the inevitable D and V.

Hurl88

Reaction score
On my first PRMC we were on the bottom field and had finished the warm up and high obs course and were being shown the assault course demonstration. we were formed up watching the techniques when one of stranger lads randomly gets his gear out and starts to take a leak in the middle of everyone!! Within seconds one of the corporals saw him and made him do alligator rolls in the tank trap at the beginning of the assault course, so funny! Another kid was running around saying that he had broken his knee, one of the corporals just said to him "you arent giving birth, stop making girly noises" hahaha!

There are a few funny ones from the endurance course but I'll save those for another time :)

steman

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
There are a few funny ones from the endurance course but I'll save those for another time :)
What do you mean another time? this thread is happening now post them damnit! haha.

Hurl88

Reaction score
What do you mean another time? this thread is happening now post them damnit! haha.
I know, my bad I was just being lazy :laugh:

Anyone who has ever done the Endurance course will know its an absolute honking bit of phys and some lads can break under the mental strain, some cracking stuff went down on mine that made me laugh (discreetly) but kept me going! example...we were crawling through one of the tunnels and as most of you know its total darkness in there and random corners come out of nowhere! well half way through one I heard a blood curdling scream from one of the lads a fair way behind me and I had assumed he had either face-planted a wall or had been attacked by the notorious badger *text deleted**! A few mins later we are running on the spot whilst everyone caught up and I saw the poor kid that had screamed, he had a perfect muddy orange boot impression on his face and forehead, obviously from the lad in-front of him! one of the PTI's bust out laughing : )

One of my favorite ones which really helped me get through the endurance course was when we were doing hill spirnts with someone on our backs. My scouse mate jumped on my back and I did my run, my legs were jelly by this point and he wasn't exactly light, I quietly told him how heavy i thought he was with a few four letter words in a jokey way, halfway up the hill he got really close to my right ear and whispered:Wisper: "If you dont get to the top of this hill faster i'm going to finger ya bum!":eek: As he said that he let go with one hand and pretended to poke me, at this I burst out laughing as I got to the top of the hill and the corporal at the top just looked at both of us with a (you are both mad) look on his face...I have written it badly but that memory still puts a smile on my face!

Cheeky bit of phys with a few laughs in the middle, it was a cracking PRMC! looking to smash the next one!! :bud:

DecaMarine

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I quietly told him how heavy i thought he was with a few four letter words in a jokey way, halfway up the hill he got really close to my right ear and whispered:Wisper: "If you dont get to the top of this hill faster i'm going to finger ya bum!":eek: As he said that he let go with one hand and pretended to poke me, at this I burst out laughing as I got to the top of the hill and the corporal at the top just looked at both of us with a (you are both mad) look on his face...I have written it badly but that memory still puts a smile on my face!

Cheeky bit of phys with a few laughs in the middle, it was a cracking PRMC! looking to smash the next one!! :bud:
That is perfect! :bud:

mora_blade

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
We had a South African corporal on our prmc who was really funny but you wouldn't want to mess with him either. When we were doing drill there was this poor lad next to me who couldn't tell his left from right and was hopeless at it. The corporal came over and showed him how to do a right turn, but was telling him to turn left. So this lad was so confused but didn't want to tell the corporal he was getting his left and rights mixed up. I was fighting with myself not to laugh but it would of been the end of me if I had.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Funny story for you guys General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 0
S Sas funny Jollies Bar 0
D Found this funny Jollies Bar 2