Further education once training is complete

Decapitari_G

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there is an opportunity to study a part-time technical degree whilst serving as a Marine and whether the Corps encourages this?
By technical I mean subjects such as like but not limited to Law, Veterinary, Medicine, Engineering, Surveying etc.

Welshy

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there is an opportunity to study a part-time technical degree whilst serving as a Marine and whether the Corps encourages this?
By technical I mean subjects such as like but not limited to Law, Veterinary, Medicine, Engineering, Surveying etc.

Hello mate hope you’re doing well

Each tax year you get a allowance of money provided by the corps for education courses (distance learning, online courses etc) the corps encourages this and if you enquire about it at the education centre when you get to your respective unit they’ll talk you through the process of what you can get what you’re entitled to etc

Welshy

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
And if you the course requires you to do practical assessments, from
What I understand based on your obligation to the unit, if the unit can spare you they’ll send you to the college for a day or two for these to be completed ( best person to speak to is @NinjaStoker)