Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Future Commando Force - anybody know whats happening?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by The FNG, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

@boogey96 I suspect you're onto something. Every generation before was harder.

The old adage rings true though;

Hard times make hard men, who make good times, which makes soft men, who make hard times, and so goes the circle.

• Like Like x 5
  2. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Have to say, in my 3 years on this forum, this by far one of the most interesting and valuable threads on here, really want to say thanks to the trained ranks who are coming here to pass on their views and takes.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Jack of no trades

Jack of no trades Royal Marines Commando

I'd have to agree, with the type of lad coming through now, but also, like everyone says, it's a generational thing that I'm sure everyone before us said the same thing.

Lads are both more switched on...but also a bit more dense in other areas. I like that lads are far less likely to take the shizzle that we did a few years ago, and will pipe up more if they think stuff is wrong, however, they also often don't provide constructive drips and also forget they're in the forces, not a civi job.

The Corps is shaping up to be a pretty exciting place in the next few years in my opinion and I'm looking forward to FCF starting to come in.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  4. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jack of no trades

I was a bit gutted that it was just an advert at the end of the countdown

• Like Like x 2
  6. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Good demonstration of 'speed of a thousand gazelles' shown by the Commandos in the video.

7. Jack of no trades

Seen, it's a decent recruitment vid though

• Like Like x 3