Gainers only 1/day?

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Something Original, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Something Original

Something Original New Member

This might be a daft question; but is there a reason Gainers are to be done 1/day? If I do them in a morning, is doing the same Gainers by lunch or an evening going to be hurting progress? Found it curious as to why Sean Lerwill said "and that will be you done for the day" for that exercise. I feel I can do more, but don't want to risk doing damage to myself (currently on 14/14/14 after a double elbow break in Autumn) if that's the case for Gainers.

Would dropping a few numbers initially so the number of gainers are smaller (say 10/10/10), but increasing the number of push ups in total (from 42 to 60) be viable? The training plan I have says that I'm going to be able to achieve the 60/60/60 goal by late May, and this will put me back a about 3 weeks, which is no big deal for timing as far as I'm concerned - it's the risk of hurting my progress that I'm slightly worried about.

Cheers

2. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Try messaging him on one of his social media platforms, he always replies and he’s mega approachable