Gainers vs Arny

EmptyTango

Reaction score
It's another God damn training plan thread.

Looking at peaking my fitness over the next 8 weeks, specifically with bodyweight movements, and was either going to crack on with gainers for sit / push / pull or do Arnys plan.

If anyone here has experience with gainers; can you do it along side other things like circuits or strength training? Or should you just stick to the few sets which it dictates?

Suggestions appreciated!

J20012001

Reaction score
It's another God damn training plan thread.

Looking at peaking my fitness over the next 8 weeks, specifically with bodyweight movements, and was either going to crack on with gainers for sit / push / pull or do Arnys plan.

If anyone here has experience with gainers; can you do it along side other things like circuits or strength training? Or should you just stick to the few sets which it dictates?

Suggestions appreciated!
Don’t have loads of experience with gainers but I’ve just been using it as secondary training thing like for a quick session in the morning

DeskJockey

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
@EmptyTango I used gainers for PRMC and RT prep. Worked for me, did them all to the standard with bleeps aswell to build that muscle memory.

Arny's programme is a big hit on this forum and it looks like a good template for what you need to train for to excel at RM training. Personally I don't feel like incorporating both gainers and arny's plan would be overtraining so give it a try.

Nathan100101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Have a look at sean lerwills press up and pull up improver.

Chosen exercise:
Max reps
Wait 15 seconds
Max reps
15 seconds
Max reps

I found gainers made press ups boring for me and can also take time to build up so included a weighted vest to the above. I would also say doing sets of 10 to 15 in a circuit would help on the BF and EC.

But if you are successful with gainers you could end up being able to do 60 reps x 3.