Gainers

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by MillwallAlex, Oct 12, 2017.

1. MillwallAlex

MillwallAlex New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I’ve started doing gainers for me press ups. Started on 12-12-12, today was 21-21-21 I do them in the morning and evening. At first it was alright now I’m finding it really difficult, does anyone reconmend repeating a day once or twice if you find it hard *text deleted* I’ve heard that suggesting before.

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Well-Known Member

The issue is applicable to other areas of training too. Inasmuch as one hits a point where improvement stalls and performance plateaus.
    Slowing the progress of gainers may give your body more recovery time to consolidate the benefit.
    But that's just my opinion. Hopefully others will pitch in with their own. Best of luck.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. RMCSF

RMCSF Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Try moving onto max reps every set for a week or two just to mix up your training I found this worked for me

4. ivywavexxi

ivywavexxi Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I found that after getting to number going back by five helped. I got to 20 went back to 15, got to 25 and went back to 30....and so on. But max gainers are great too!

• Like Like x 1
  5. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Do weighted press ups, your muscular endurance ability Is maybe a little behind your muscular strength. Stick a 10kg plate on your back. Or a weighted vest.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  6. MillwallAlex

MillwallAlex New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Aight cheers guys good stuff

7. Thorny99

Thorny99 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I do gainers for pull ups push ups and sit ups. I followed Sean lerwills programme for gainers and it worked a treat. in two months I started from 17 push ups, 37 sit ups and 5 for pull ups per set. After the two months I was doing 44 push ups, 64 sit ups and 11 pull ups for each set. I mixed mine up after a while because at the 30 Mark for push ups I was finding it very difficult. I was doing my sets as 3 sets of push ups, followed by 3 sets of sit ups and 3 sets of pull ups with 60/90 seconds break between each set. After rethinking, i changed it to 1 set push ups, 1 set sit ups, 1 set pull ups with 90/120 seconds break inbetween sets and repeat for a total of three times. I found I could go further with the reps because I was giving my muscles a longer rest and it helped me go higher with the gainers.

8. Kangarooj

Kangarooj Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Can confirm, I used to do gainers until I was getting to like 50-50-50 press ups, 60-60-60 sit ups and 8-8-8 pull ups and the session would take forever and it was such a chore.
    Bought myself a 10kg vest and popped it on and started gainers all over again while testing RMFA without the vest every Sunday. I do them morning and evening and I'm seeing massive improvements on the RMFA, I end up feeling light as a feather :D
    I do like gainers though because it's steady and well structured, problem with doing max every other day is I would end up aiming for a certain number of reps, rather than my actual maximum. Bad habit I know.

• Like Like x 2