Gaming platforms

Xbox 360 Or PS3

• Total voters

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I personaly am loyal to sony so i have PS3,

What about you guys which one melts you eyes?

Ooo P.s if anyone is on PS3 add me on the Network "lost-on-display"

Cheers
LC

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im afraid Im a big fan of gaming on the pc I have :-

Amd Athlon 64 x2 6000
Asus M2N4 SLI mainboard
2GB DDR2 RAM
74gb Western Digital Raptor 10,00RPM
XFX 640MB Geforce 8800GTS "XXX"
22" TFT

Plays games fantastically :) Medal of Honor Airbourne and World In Conflict look amazing :-D

Jas

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the consoles, used to be until I got into PC's. Most of my time gaming is spent playing Battlefield 2. Going to pick up a copy of Call of Duty 4 later :D.

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah Im going to be getting Call of Duty 4, I hope I find it as good as Call od Duty 2 :-D

robj

Reaction score
i'll be getting a ps3 if for no other reason than metal gear solid 4 (best game series ever!), but i reckon to really appreciate the new consoles you need a good size HD television and thats another £600 :?

paddlequack

Reaction score
Phoenix said:
Im afraid Im a big fan of gaming on the pc I have :-

Amd Athlon 64 x2 6000
Asus M2N4 SLI mainboard
2GB DDR2 RAM
74gb Western Digital Raptor 10,00RPM
XFX 640MB Geforce 8800GTS "XXX"
22" TFT

Plays games fantastically :) Medal of Honor Airbourne and World In Conflict look amazing :-D

Oh dear god get intel quad core.... £150.... it's a steal.
Also if you're running vista you need 4GB of RAM to run it.
You *text deleted* buy crysis when it comes out?

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I know what you mean mate, I bought that kit about a month and a half ago. Now as you've stated intel releases nice cheap quad cores *text deleted*. Im running vista 64bit and 2gb of ram seems fine however since ram prices have dropped i think i will increase it to 4GB. As for Crysis Im not sure I will be able to run it *text deleted* reason being is I've just built a customer the following :-

Intel Core 2 Quad QX6700
Asus Striker Extreme mainboard
Geil 8GB Black Dragon DDR2 800 RAM (4*2GB)
XFX 768mb Geforce 8800 Ultra "XT"

The reason he wanted such an expensive pc is because he felt that the above is what you need in order to play Crysis *text deleted*.

sjuggins

Reaction score
Xbox 360 for me, I just can't justify the money for a PS3 at the moment, when it comes down in price... maybe?

Oh, and COD4 is fantastic, especially playing as the SAS, get to go through a mock up killing house for your training :) It's not very long though, completed it in the first day I had it.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hi my gamertag is Jac1123 add me if ya *text deleted* have a game or summin

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
if im honest I havent got either!

Dont really play games anymore but recently ive been addicted to Goldeneye on the N64 and still get the PS2 out for Conflict:Desert Storm or StarWars:Frontline.

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
N64?! bloody hell... i didn't think anyone played those anymore o_O

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
MasoN said:
N64?! bloody hell... i didn't think anyone played those anymore o_O
I do!

Ive bought some mint controllers of Ebay,because if you ever had an N64 you will know that the control stick goes all loose after a while.

As for Goldeneye..its got to be the best multiplayer game EVER :D .Cant imagine how many hours ive spent with my brothers and mates battling away trying to get up to 'the room' on Complex level.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Goldeneye on N64 was awesome!! strange seeing it now though after all this time you remember the graphics being so good back then!

On the PS3 vs Xbox 360 i think definitely PS3 im getting one end of this month the only thing which xbox is better for (which is changing as the PS3 becomes more popular) is the online play but wait until all the new games start coming out on the ps3 and the online gaming becomes more popular itll kill the 360... plus its the cheapest way of getting a blu ray dvd player!

SJ55

Reaction score
Desert Strike/Jungle Strike and Streets of Rage on the MegaDrive!! Me n my housemates still got a MegaDrive setup in our front room!Spot on!